Paladin discussion

Re: Paladin discussion

Post 03 Nov 2010 20:11

User avatarIiris

Torment wrote:Pvp Question for Kolori and Iiris:
Even though you are both ret pve players did you get your 2200 arena 2v2 ratings playing as Holy like most?

S6 I played retri restodruid and S7 protholy warrior.

Post 03 Nov 2010 20:31

Torment wrote:Pvp Question for Kolori and Iiris:
Even though you are both ret pve players did you get your 2200 arena 2v2 ratings playing as Holy like most?

I played ret restoshaman in S5, ret disc priest S6 (up to 2.8k+). S7 2v2 became meaningless bracket and I didnt pay much attention to it. Ret in arena in every season. I hated the late season 8 from ret pov alot in 3s and 5s.

Post 03 Nov 2010 21:14

How are we looking in the beta for arena? I havent read anything in regards to that. But might be just cause we are changing so much - even more now especially with the DS change that came about today!

Post 03 Nov 2010 21:20

Torment wrote:How are we looking in the beta for arena? I havent read anything in regards to that. But might be just cause we are changing so much - even more now especially with the DS change that came about today!

I would not even talent into DS in my pvp spec. It's abit early to say and I havent done any PVP oriented testing myself yet. What I've gathered from glimpses on Arenajunkies forums, rets not so good right now.

Post 03 Nov 2010 21:23

Kolori wrote:I would not even talent into DS in my pvp spec.

Ya, I wouldn't either just put that in reference to how much ret is changing every day it seems. Hopefully it will come around I guess i would really like to not have to go holy to get a decent rating.

Post 14 Nov 2010 10:03

Hello Iiris.
You use what macroes, for drawing of the maximum loss (and economy of a place) and as they are entered in your rotation.
Council what is better http://www.wowhead.com/item=50343 or http://www.wowhead.com/item=47464

p.s. In advance I thank for the answer.

Post 14 Nov 2010 15:57

User avatarMitranim

rusel83 wrote:Hello Iiris.
You use what macroes, for drawing of the maximum loss (and economy of a place) and as they are entered in your rotation.
Council what is better http://www.wowhead.com/item=50343 or http://www.wowhead.com/item=47464

p.s. In advance I thank for the answer.

Thanks, Мелисска. Your translation is really cool, I laughed so hard I thought I'll die. :D

Despite being Russian, I still wasn't able to figure out what's "drawing for maximum loss" supposed to mean. But if you're just asking about macros and rotation, answers are fairly simple.

Macro /startattack into every damaging ability to minimize downtime on target switching. Basic DPS priority is: Templar's Verdict @3 > Crusader Strike > Hammer of Wrath > Exorcism > Judgement > Holy Wrath > Consecration. Aim for the haste soft cap (3 sec CS cooldown when raid buffed, somewhere at 1000+ haste), separate Zealotry from Bloodlust, don't use Seal of Righteousness on boss fights, and you should be good to go. To hear some more advanced tips you probably need to ask some more detailed questions.

Edit: invalidated by later patches.

Post 03 Dec 2010 17:02

Hello All,

These are 2 Holy Paladin Question's

For Paragon or Any other's who have raid tested the Beta or maybe even ran Heroic's for 5-man Content.

2 question's

1) Mastery = Can you give an inside look at this for Holy Paladin's as in How well or how poorly is this stat

2) Word of Glory Critical or Holy Shock Critical when it come's to Talent Selections>?

Thank you in Advance
Alesandro

Post 03 Dec 2010 20:47

User avatarDiamondTear

Mastery is shit and WoG is more important.

Post 05 Dec 2010 23:00

Hello all,
PvE question to all ret paladins.

I've read some topics on different theorycrafting forums & blogs, and found out, that best for now stat priority is Strenth > hit > expertise > haste > crit > mastery. I've reforged my gear several times and got confused by results(dps with different balance of Crit/Haste changes rather unpredictable - a bit crit into haste - more dps, more crit into hste - more dps, even more crit into haste (around 1020 haste finally) - less dps Oo). I'm using FCFS rotation with priorities: [email protected] > CS > How > Exo > J > HW > Con. I didn't used Wings or Zealot during my tests. Here is my paladin http://www.wowhead.com/profile=eu.%D0%90%D0%B7%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81.%D0%90%D0%BB%D1%8D%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%80%D1%8D%D0%BB%D1%8C. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

So the question is: what are the best rotation and stat combination for now (pre cata last day, I just should know, if I was right with my reforging)) and for levelling (what stats on gear should I aim for - not basic stats, but something like mastery>haste>crit for example (approximately)).

P.S.: Sorry if I've mistaken somwhere, my English isn't that good that it used to be before Blizz opened RU realms)

Edit: With 1009 (30.77%) haste, hit+exp cap, 25.45% crit, 5756 ap selfbuffed I do around 7.7 -8k dps on 80 normal dummy or about 8,3k on bosses in ICC 5 mans and i think it *is not as high as it should be* for my gear. Before 4.0.3 nerf I did around 10k on boss dummy (but i think it was also less dps, than possible for me). Or maybe I'm ovestimating my gear?