Paladin discussion

Re: Paladin discussion

Post 05 Jul 2010 16:46

User avatarDiamondTear

Rein wrote:So, to avoid the redundant and repeated questions, what macros are you using? I mean I use the basic mouseover but do you use stuff like focus, or targettarget? Also I have been finding it harder and harder to find a comfortable keyboard set up. What are you using if you don't mind?

One macro to HS+HS myself. One to activate Divine Guardian without sacrifice. One macro to judge mouseover or target. Rest are mouseover macros I think.

I'm using keys from G to F1 with shift/ctrl/alt-modifiers, mostly shift.

Post 06 Jul 2010 21:35

DiamondTear wrote:
Rein wrote:So, to avoid the redundant and repeated questions, what macros are you using? I mean I use the basic mouseover but do you use stuff like focus, or targettarget? Also I have been finding it harder and harder to find a comfortable keyboard set up. What are you using if you don't mind?

One macro to HS+HS myself. One to activate Divine Guardian without sacrifice. One macro to judge mouseover or target. Rest are mouseover macros I think.

I'm using keys from G to F1 with shift/ctrl/alt-modifiers, mostly shift.

Lol, I always love hearing what you have to say. Thank you by the way for answering, it is just humorous that you aren't doing anything special or out of left field. To be a good holy paladin you have to pay attention to your surroundings and not tunnel vision. Thank you for reconfirming what I have always thought.

Post 07 Jul 2010 18:53

I wonder if Ilonie too, use mouseover macros to heal or something else like grid+clique.
Another question,
when you are trying a new boss, do you follow a special behave ?
I mean in terms of food or mental exercises or something else before to start to be fit and focussed and to improve concentration for so many hours ?
Sorry again for my poor english and thank you for your answers.

Post 07 Jul 2010 19:06

User avatarxenophics

We prepare by researching the new bosses as good as possible (ptr etc). When the patch becomes available people usually take time off school or work, make some extra food to the fridge and put their game faces on.

More on this topic can be found in one of our articles: http://paragon-wow.com/articles/10/

Post 10 Jul 2010 00:26

Hello ... i wanted to ask holy paladin in paragon this question

i have been holy paladin for like 1 year .... when Icc Started i start getting mana issue with control it ... so i look at your gear i tried to get like yours and i did .. but i still got some issue with using divine times and for fest fight etc .... big problem who to save your mana like in LK fight .. and i asked my self why i don't use 4 set in all fights i found alot of answers .. if u can give me a nice answer i can know why ... :) since i am using 2 set with nice gear .... + haste and i am going for MP5 i will link my armory if u plz can take a look and tell me my questions plz :)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... C3%9Floody

Post 10 Jul 2010 10:23

+10 all stats on chest.

An other 34 inte, you have only 2 >.<

16 inte on wrist.

30 inte on weapon :)

Post 10 Jul 2010 11:02

for a plus mana i would suggest going for the +250 mana chest enchant rather then the +10 to all stats,also it is just me but i would also suggest to enchant your feet with tuskarr's vitality,+ movement speed more opportunities to whack the boss,whacking the boss = mana :P,also u shouldn't be afraid to use divine plea a lot to get mana back,i think i read in one of diamondtear's posts that his mana strategy is more about getting mana back than mana conservation,hope this helps a little bit :)

Post 11 Jul 2010 12:26

Adenos wrote:for a plus mana i would suggest going for the +250 mana chest enchant rather then the +10 to all stats,also it is just me but i would also suggest to enchant your feet with tuskarr's vitality,+ movement speed more opportunities to whack the boss,whacking the boss = mana :P,also u shouldn't be afraid to use divine plea a lot to get mana back,i think i read in one of diamondtear's posts that his mana strategy is more about getting mana back than mana conservation,hope this helps a little bit :)

I have ran the numbers in Rawr as well. Exceptional Mana gives more than Powerful Stats every time. Tuskarr's saved my ass soo much. A couple mana regen tips, DP can be used during a HoS to offset the healing loss. You don't always have to offset the healing loss of DP and always Judge wisdom, because healing meters don't matter, as long as your target doesn't die then win.

Post 13 Jul 2010 14:25

To Diamondtear and Illonie:

I know this has got to be like beating a dead horse, and I apologize in advance. I know that everyone says that Meteorite Crystal and H Solace are BiS. This is what I am currently using. But why exactly is that better then dual solace? My guild just recently downed H LK 25 so the gear is good, and if your not having mana issues would you not want more throughput from the spell power?

I have tried to research this on a lot of different places, but everyone says something different. And it seems that just about every top end guild has 1 paladin with Meteorite Crystal and one with Dual Solace (or even PLD for some reason?).

Your input is much appreciated,
Thx

Post 16 Jul 2010 07:06

Iiris: Heroic Bloodfall or Heroic Bryntroll? Seems like one may be better for some fights? i like the stats on Bloodfall but my Bryntroll rawr says is better. Any thoughts?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Sinfinity