Holy Paladin question. (Mastery for DW HC)

Holy Paladin question. (Mastery for DW HC)

Post 13 Feb 2012 00:01

So I am bringing my alt for Madness heroic 10 man. Here is her armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... c/advanced

I am only healing with another Holy Paladin.

* Is it worth it to reforge into Spirit->Mastery->Haste in that order? And also gem for Int/mastery instead of Int/Haste? I believe that will make Holy Radiance spam a lot more viable.

* Any haste caps I should go for regarding Holy Radiance?

* What weapon enchant to use?

Any critics/hints very much appreciated aswell.
Last edited by MyCelarAD on 15 Feb 2012 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Holy Paladin question. (Would appreciate a fast reply)

Post 13 Feb 2012 16:27

User avatarDiamondTear

MyCelarAD wrote:So I am bringing my alt for Madness heroic 10 man. Here is her armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... c/advanced

I am only healing with another Holy Paladin.

* Is it worth it to reforge into Spirit->Mastery->Haste in that order? And also gem for Int/mastery instead of Int/Haste? I believe that will make Holy Radiance spam a lot more viable.

* Any haste caps I should go for regarding Holy Radiance?

* What weapon enchant to use?

Any critics/hints very much appreciated aswell.

Haste isn't particularly useful, but reforging or regemming won't make or break your game in that fight. You do want enough spirit to regen between platforms but also enough throughput to heal the second half of the last tentacle.

I'd always use power torrent.

I haven't done the fight in 10 man myself, but based on our 25 man pulls I'd say you can do whatever you feel works. One important bit is to use HoS when appropriate, like on parasites.

Re: Holy Paladin question. (Would appreciate a fast reply)

Post 13 Feb 2012 17:01

Thank you.

Full Spirit, then as much mastery as possible was definitively the way to go.

Re: Holy Paladin question. (Mastery for DW HC)

Post 26 Mar 2012 14:29

According to guides on Manaflask and the Paragon website and Smirk's armory, it seems that the stat priority for secondary stats is Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. Is this wrong, or do the priorities change for the Madness fight?

Post 26 Mar 2012 20:37

Stacking mastery could help on aoe healing (more absorb on initial tick of holy radiance output, which is very demanding in both 10 man and 25 man hard mode of madness.

But whatever feels comfortable would work.

Post 28 Mar 2012 11:18

I would say it comes down to (atleast in 10 man) if you kill blue or yellow platform last. Mastery stacking if you kill yellow last since stacking haste along with the 20% haste buff simply gives too much haste compered to your mastery value and mana regen.

Mastery = More powerfull AoE heals, safer Impales due to mastery stacking and less mana intensive to heal for the same throughtput (due to 20% haste buff)

If you kill blue last, or 2 healing it, I would suggest you might want to consider not going full out mastery due to losing the 20% buff at that platform.

Ofcourse with the 15% nerf to come, who cares. ;)