Low dps ret paladin

Low dps ret paladin

Post 27 Dec 2011 05:23

hey guys ive been playing my ret for about 1 week now as in raiding and heros ect, but i struggle for good dps, im getting 10k to 13k im not completly geared atm but i do have a bit of ret gear atm, i was wondering on getting some tips from the pros as in rotation, and other things to get up there, and also what is your dos averaging at? because doing dps liek this isnt really fun at all , thanks for the help guys :)

Re: Low dps ret paladin

Post 28 Dec 2011 02:50

User avatarIiris

Hi jiristyles

As a starting ret pala I would suggest you to read this thread:

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_3_voice_dps/

It tells you all the basics you need to know about playing a retribution paladin. This might sound like a dull answer but it would take a lot of my time to explain everything about ret here so why not make use of this great thread =). Feel free to ask questions if you don't understand something.

Some tips: Rearrange your UI so it's easy for you to see your Holy Power count and cooldowns of your skills while still being aware of whats happening around you. Bind your Divine Protection to mitigate damage when needed.

Make a Lay on Hands macro so you can save your tank if needed (this might be more advanced stuff so you should learn the ret pala playstyle first before attempting hero moves).
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Lay on Hands
/stopcasting
/cast [help] Lay on Hands; [target=targettarget] Lay on Hands

This macro casts LoH on your target's target or your friendly target so it works even if you have boss targeted.

Use Judgement sprint to your advantage as much as possible to get more melee time.

Can't think of much else right now or they are explained in the first post of that EJ thread. I hope this helps =).

Post 28 Dec 2011 04:21

thanks for the help :D i have no idea how to rearrange my ui to the best to suit ret needs :P

Post 28 Dec 2011 05:44

There are multiple cooldown timer addons and addons that will allow you to display a holy power bar anywhere you would like. I would recommend IceHud. Its a nice lightweight addon that will automatically put a holy power bar under your character's feet and with very little effort you can add cooldown bars to it.

Only negative is that by default it is set up that all bars will be semi-circles bracketing your character. So it uses the same screen real-estate as the default UI's proc animations and alot of other addons. This can be changed to vertical bars with little effort or horizontal bars if you are willing to put about 10 minutes into messing with the co-ordinate system to get the first one where you want it and then 15 sec each other bar to make them line up.