Heroic Rhyolith Tanking

Heroic Rhyolith Tanking

Post 18 Aug 2011 07:12

Looking at your own logs compared to my own guilds Lazeil is taking quite a bit less damage from the spark. I was just wondering if there is a trick to reducing his damage on his melee hits or do you just let it go by as is?

Re: Heroic Rhyolith Tanking

Post 18 Aug 2011 07:18

I think a large part of that may be that the spark is dying a lot faster!? Also, just take a look at gear comparison. If you get your dps classes to switch targets efficiently then your damage on spark should be minimal. Also you have to take into consideration the debuff from volcanos more stacks = higher damage from spark. Paragon is probably very good at getting those debuffs off asap at this point.

Post 18 Aug 2011 08:27

This is true... But seeing average hits from both of our logs its a huge difference... Mine is around 74k for an average hit his is 20k. It's just not adding up to me

Post 18 Aug 2011 08:34

again it's maybe the debuff stacks. Also, because his sparks die so much faster it is possible that the entire duration of the spark being alive Lazeil has either divine protection or holy shield up. Which means 20%(40 with glyph) for 12 seconds and if stacked with holy shield. It is 40% and blocks 50% damage!?