Holy Paladin Guide by DiamondTear

Re: Holy Paladin Guide by DiamondTear

Post 02 Aug 2011 04:40

User avatarDiamondTear

Feya wrote:When you stated that you had slightly reforged to get mastery for merely a single fight, you seemingly took my point of view that this "style" is garbage. Do you actually feel that way? Would you share any insight you have into this off-the-wall-logic in massively overhealing to provide "large" shields on a tank? (I quoted large because 40-45k shields make disc priests laugh).

I can understand your reasoning for not wanting to go over the 1860 haste point, thats sound reasoning. In my own mind I've been well over this due to the responsiveness I get in Divine Light on demands. It is true, however, that this would probably be best served in increasing my spirit levels. I just wanted to see if a major player in the Paladin community would come out against Mastery/Crit stacking.

I don't know what the proponents of that style are suggesting, but I doubt it's overhealing to generate shields because that would be terrible. Healing normally while focusing on those stats might not be that bad, but I don't like it because mastery doesn't transfer through the beacon and crits overheal.

With the new 391 gear you can easily go over 1860 and one shouldn't worry about it. More haste is always better.
Last edited by DiamondTear on 03 Aug 2011 04:35, edited 1 time in total.

Post 02 Aug 2011 20:13

I suppose one could argue that once your at the "1860" point, you could move your focus to spirit or mastery. I'm not against Mastery, merely this fascination I'm finding all over the place with stacking purely for it. I'll find some logs and put together a summary of the strategy. I honestly don't understand what proponents of this form of Paladin debauchery are actually doing in a raid so that's my fault for not presenting a clearer picture.

Post 03 Aug 2011 04:37

User avatarDiamondTear

I suppose many players are too simple-minded to notice when a buff makes something just better instead of godly. And maybe they don't know it doesn't transfer through beacon?

Post 03 Aug 2011 17:39

So I spent the weekend creating a Paladin blog, scree.org, and the goal was to research/debunk some of the claims coming from the WoW Forums and partially from EJ.

There is math supporting Mastery as a better longevity stat then Spirit. Mostly it boils down to there being less heals needed versus regenerated mana and the ability to cast more spells.

Fine I get that. I might even believe it. Yet they don't seem to account for the fact that spirit provides you with the mana to generate those Mastery shields in the first place. You can't go to zero spirit, and be self-sustained through an entire heroic encounter with just your starting mana pool (and Mastery). It won't work. Sure Divine Plea would help in some situations but honestly I think some people take theorycrafting to the extreme and don't account for real world logic.

On another topic, what have your results been from the 4pc T12 bonus? This is my first week with having it and I'm really less then impressed. I'm healing the top on our Heroic Beth'tilac learning attempts and seeing pretty poor output. Out of 29897296 healing over the course of the night, Divine Flame (4pc effect name) did only 267894 healing or 0.9 % of my total healing for the night.

While Heroic Beth is probably one of the worst fights for this set, the healing requirements up top are pretty substantial and most of the melee up there with me are not at 100% even a fraction of the time. These seem like ideal circumstances for this set bonus to chime in on, yet the numbers are disappointing. I think I might drop 4pc and stick with 2pc and go a little higher in spirit/haste stacking this tier if this holds up.

Post 03 Aug 2011 22:10

Hey DiamondTear,

I've seen the question posed a few times, but haven't found an answer. Is the huge amount of haste you lose worth getting tier gloves/alysrazor chest, or would you ideally be going baleroc gloves/tier chest? Thanks in advance.

Post 05 Aug 2011 07:06

Tier gloves and Alysrazor chest is better, there is haste on both.

Post 05 Aug 2011 23:01

Rein wrote:Tier gloves and Alysrazor chest is better, there is haste on both.

Thanks DiamondTear. I know the stats on each item. I came to these forums to ask one of Paragon's holy pallies what he would use. If I wanted a statement of information I already know that doesn't answer my question from someone I don't know, I would've gone to other forums.

Post 06 Aug 2011 06:20

natijs4 wrote:
Rein wrote:Tier gloves and Alysrazor chest is better, there is haste on both.

Thanks DiamondTear. I know the stats on each item. I came to these forums to ask one of Paragon's holy pallies what he would use. If I wanted a statement of information I already know that doesn't answer my question from someone I don't know, I would've gone to other forums.

NP douchebag, but you don't need DT to tell you that is the better choice, As if asking one of Paragons raiders will make you super awesome. Honestly if that was the case why not ask Ilo since he was the one in on most of the kills anyway.

Post 06 Aug 2011 06:46

Rein wrote:NP douchebag, but you don't need DT to tell you that is the better choice, As if asking one of Paragons raiders will make you super awesome. Honestly if that was the case why not ask Ilo since he was the one in on most of the kills anyway.

I would like an answer from DT because he is undoubtedly much better/knows more about the class than you. I trust Ilonie as much as I do DiamondTear, but this is the Holy Pally Guide by DiamondTear and he answers more questions than Ilonie. And yes, that is the reason I come to the forums to get super awesome by learning from the players in the best guild in the world.

Also, taking shots at DT in the thread containing his guide? Nice one.

Post 06 Aug 2011 16:41

lol ok.