Druid discussion

Druid discussion

Post 19 Feb 2010 17:41

Welcome to the Druid thread!

Feel free to ask questions related to Druids in this thread. Please do use the search function and see if the question has already been asked first, though.

Boonkin help

Post 19 Feb 2010 17:41

Hi.
I'm Mcsnack, currently playing on hellscream EU.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Mcsnack

I feel that I do much less dps than I feel I should do.
im always on the buttom of the dps-meters, and i'm getting a bit sick of it to be honest :P
In raidfights were standing still I can do everything between 7K-8K dps.
In movement fights where i have to move alittle or alot, doesnt seem to matter little or much my dps drops alot.

After what i have read, I use the right rotation and have gemmed correct.
But after looking around on other druids, who gemmed SP+crit instead of just SP, Im concidering to regem to SP+crit.
My rotation is: FF, IS, MF, wrath til ecplise, SF til eclipse. Keeping dots up.
I use treant on my first Lunar eclipse, and use my first CD on Starfall on the first Solar eclipse.

So my questions are:
1. Gems - should I regem or just let it be as it is?
I've also read something about Lunar critcap, and I can honestly say I dont understand much of it. Neither the Calculations. So I'm kinda stuck there.

2. got any tips to increase my dps, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm hoping for your reply.

-Mcsnack

Re: Boonkin help

Post 20 Feb 2010 22:30

User avatarlappe

Hello Mcsnack

1. you should check if its better to regem or not by using correct stat values from the newest wrathcalcs (pay attention to socket bonuses etc)

2. learn the little tricks in every encounter and minimize your movement (standing at melee range on marrowgar etc)

-Lappé

Post 26 Feb 2010 00:54

Hey Lappé i think u are the best Moonkin i ever seen :)...im so happy that there is at least 1 good moonkin. im my self moonkin and i was wondering if u have some good tips for me, maby something in my gear (gems or enchant) that is not right. i love to take all help i need, becuse my dps is not that good as it should be for my gear ( and i maby lose my spot in our raid becuse of that) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Missakram

Post 26 Feb 2010 09:37

User avatarlappe

Hello Missakram

your enchants seems to be just fine expect for boots, you dont need the hit from icewalker so just swap it to tuskarr's vitality
gems on the other hand arent as they're supposed to be. always prefer sp over crit this means that you should gem sp for every socket that you dont benefit otherwise (socket bonus, meta requirement etc)
so go get Wrathcalcs check your stat values and then calculate if its better to gem 2x 23sp instead of 2x 12sp/10crit +7sp (socket bonus) etc for every item you have

Post 01 Mar 2010 15:37

Aha ty u very much :)

Post 01 Mar 2010 19:44

hmm.. i dont se anything about which is the best food buff lappe can u tell me what u use or u just use the tasty fish?^^

Post 01 Mar 2010 19:58

User avatarlappe

spell power food (aka fish feast)

Post 03 Mar 2010 07:17

Hey Lappe,

Firstly, I want to ask you why do you have Glyph of Starfall instead of, what I find most boomkins commonly use, Glyph of Insect Swarm?

Secondly, do you do anything extra in your rotation? I know the typical solar/eclipse rotation whilst keeping IS/MF up but I'd like to know if you re-apply MF and/or IS during a solar/eclipse buff?

Thanks in advance,

Oversized - Frostmourne

Post 03 Mar 2010 11:04

User avatarlappe

Hello Oversized

im using Glyph of Starfall instead of Insect swarm for the -hit for tanks.

re-applying dots is really proc dependent (and feeling as you cant calc which is better when the procs are on)
e.g you have 1,5sec left on a ring proc, you're moonfire just dropepd out and solar eclipse is on. you cast that 1 wrath and immediately after refresh moonfire so it gets the sp from the proc.