Guardian question on crit loading

Guardian question on crit loading

Post 13 Dec 2012 18:10

Hello Paragon members have to say love your progression and your site. Pleasantries aside though and to the business of my post.

Ok i have played druid since wow started and I’ve been feral for at least the past 4 years. My main spec has always been tank - sorry Guardian (will never get used to the 4th spec idea maybe too old school). I've used sites for input ranging from Elitist Jerks, noxxic, icy veins , MMO champion and of course the WoW forums .

I've also paid particular attention to the top guilds and their druid tanks, although it seems the 4th spec/ MoP has thinned out their ranks leaving only one stable and best geared druid tank of the name of Sejta ( this isn’t sucking up its basically fact that a lot of the others have gone the way of wearing intellect gear eeeeww yucky )

now before 5.1 all the websites had the same stat priority:

Stamina = agility > dodge > mastery = crit > hit 7.5% = expertise 7.5%
They also said reforge to dodge.

Now I tried this road, i tired gemming stamina ,agility and a mix of the two. i reforged as advised and to be honest i started to hate playing tank. Nothing was making any sense , why was tanking not working despite following all the advise. Then i looked up Sejta on the armoury.

Sejta had/has reforged to crit when possible and expertise when not. Gemmed crit gems all over etc. So i went for broke followed this and Oh My god what a change. tanking is a lot easier now and for this i have to Thank you Sejta.

but you knew this before 5.1 and since 5.1 all the websites have changed and they have a different stat priority order similar to yours.

So sorry for the waffle above but i keep my actual questions simple.
1. What prompted you down this road of crit ? ie website , addon or just a genius test by yourself ?
2. What is your expertise target? Or you just going for as high as possible until hard cap ?
3. Some sites now suggesting haste better than before due to more attacks for tooth and claw, your view on this ?
4. Have you had any issues with not gemming for stamina on the heroic bosses ? ( ofc you get 5% more base than i do as night elf)
5. Your meta is that used to boost dps output for close berserk timers or just for the agility ? ( or both ? )
6.Worgen vs night elf: is it worth dropping the 2% base dodge for the 1% crit bonus?

Sorry i know this is is a bit of a lengthy post but as i said before you knew all this before 5.1 and before all the other sites a druid should use made any sense.
Regards
Anonymal

ps i'm alliance and ginger so feel free to /spit it wont hurt i have as i have as much soul as an undead.