My Balance Druid Rotation for Firelands

My Balance Druid Rotation for Firelands

Post 10 Nov 2011 20:04

Hello There, My name is Forestland (Hence i use my mages name on the forums) i am a ilvl 376 Bal Druid and i just wanted to list my rotation for firelands so you guys can tell me what im doing wrong and what im doing right so i can improve myself cause i really do need the help.

I firstly start off (depending on what way my stance bar will go ) i cast moonfire/insect swarm then starsurge, and wait which way it will go , if it goes towards a solar, i spam my starfire while keeping my dots all the time, for shannox, i mostly cast starfire and starsurge for rageface/riplimb burning phase. the ot kites him around and we burn rageface as fast as we can, but im afraid to use my mushrooms at the beginning of the fight and see if it has any effect on the dogs, but i never tried it. maybe it does maybe it doesnt? well ,for bethilac im in charge of taking down the spinners and burn the drones fast, for that i cast my starfall cause obviously, starfall will get every single add around that radius and will go down faster. For Rhyolith i just pretty much use my hurricane on the adds and cast starfall if the burst is needed. for alysrazor, im in charge of taking down the adds on the east side of the area which is sooo easy for me, its by far the easiest fight for me. Now for majordomo, i dont know what to do nor for ragnaros. Do i plant my mushrooms and wait for him to come to us and detonate them? or just plant them as the fight goes on? i've tried everything to bring my dps from 13k and im barely going up. I need immediate assistance cause i believe we are going to do ragnaros this weekend and i would like to be top dps than my warlock friend >:)

Here is a link of my toon:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... and/simple

Maybe leppe can help me or anyone who is really in deep with balance druid dps. Thanks!

Re: My Balance Druid Rotation for Firelands

Post 10 Nov 2011 21:33

Hello:)

I'm not a boomkin from paragon, but I think I should be able to help you out a bit.
Firstly when I check your armory there's room for improvement there aswell:)
You have your shoulders unenchanted while you are in fact exalted with therazane,
aswell as that your chest and gloves are unenchanted. Then if the you have the money for it you could buy
Darkmoon card volcano and replace the brewfast trinket. Though the patch is coming soon:)

Then you have starsurge glyphed, which is actually only good on rather uncommon situations.
The only fights in firelands where it could be useful would be Ryoloth and Beth'ilac. If you are looking for a fast dps increase though, wrath is the way to go! Then in the major glyphs section you don't have glyph of rebirth, which is in fact essential for any situation. You don't want to combat ress someone and watch him die 2 seconds later.

In your talent spec you have lunar shower specced, which again is only good in rare situations and for more experienced players. (if you really know what you're doing you might get a little extra dps)

On to your gameplay questions!:)
On Shannox you shouldn't use mushrooms at the start, since Shannox is in fact untauntable. You could however cast a mushroom on the move and detonate it when you are moving again, but since on this fight the dogs and the boss are moving constantly your mushrooms will most likely hit critters. Furthermore you say that you're using starfire on riplimb and rageface while you are using the nuke tactic. Bad idea! Just follow your eclipse bar and in case no one in your raid is able to get rageface of someone cast starfire. Since everyone is on him the dog will go off the target nearly instantly.

On ryoloth you should be dotting the adds along with starfall and mushrooms. Your last resort is hurricane:) Not your first aoe choice. The mana cost is huge and the dps is really low. So if you have all dots up mushrooms placed and detonate on cd you could cast hurricane. For the rest it's a good idea to dot the legs. If you don't have a feral your melee will love you if you cast 3 fearie fires on them aswell.

On beth'ilac you're right to starfall here of course!:) Furthermore i like to dot the hanging spiderlings (though preferably the ones who are taunted down, died a lot here:D) and mushroom the spinners. You can also typhoon them back.

On alysrazor normal there is really no way to improve your dps on the ground^^. Though remember that the bird keeps flying circles, follow the bird with your camera and dps the bird when the initiates are down. Good idea to help on the hatchlings aswell though. (depends on your tanks dps)

On majodermo i must confess i really don't have a clue either (it's my alt:P) What I am doing atm is that i place my mushrooms on the stack spot where the boss is misdirected to. Then i start off with prepot treants starfall insect swarm moonfire wrath starsurge, when i have danced back from lunar to solar i detonate my mushrooms. However its a better idea to wait till you need to spread out and detonate on the move of course:)
On spreading out you should help out the raid by doing a stampeding roar.

On ragnaros its simply attack boss till transition make sure your starfall is off cd. Put shrooms under the add spawn points.
Starfall detonate and cast wrath/starfire. Possibly dot a bit aswell. If they get close typhoon them away, if one goes close go cat and stun it. Phase 2 depends on the tactic youre using what you need to do. With whatever tactic though, use sprint and stampeding roar. Make sure you're in solar preshroom the spot youre going to. Starfall detonate dot a bit and hurricane:)
Second transition is the same as the first but just make sure your cds are up for bl. Pop cds on the 2 lava scions when the small adds are down, but 1. Nukey nuke and loot! Just make sure you dont get a meteor on your face.

Post 10 Nov 2011 21:41

You're a genious! Thank you soo much! i will actually do this as soon as i get home Lol, and yes i know about the brewfest trinket, it sucks but it was an improvement from what i had before. although darkmoon cards are expensive :/. i now deeply understand what i have to do :D ty so much. maybe post your toon so i can try out your talent tree and see an improvement? :) TY! once more! :D

Post 10 Nov 2011 21:47

Learn to love your mushrooms. They are a huge burst for your AoE damage. You should consider dropping the [Lunar Shower] talent completely and start the fight in solar eclipse and solar cleave with mushrooms and sunfire spam. It's a pretty useless talent since it adds the solar/lunar energy, and the mana reduction doesn't matter much, if you time it right you can get near 80% of your mana back if you have several int procs at the same time with 2/2 in [Dreamstate].

Consider picking up a DMC: Volcano. Yes, it's that good. Especially compared to your Direbrew trinket.

**I took out most of what I had originally written. Humewami beat me to it. ;)

Regards.

Post 10 Nov 2011 21:52

Lol, Thank you guys, i will post on how my dps improved :) also, you got any macros that will make me burst that power up by alot?

Post 10 Nov 2011 21:58

I don't really use a lot of macros. Keybinding, however, is a different story.
I have a Razer Naga mouse, and have a bind for [Wild Mushroom] and also one for detonate. Much easier to manage that than using it on my bars.

I enjoy the starfox action for alysrazor so i made a castsequence macro bind on my middle mouse button to make refreshing dots one less thing to focus on.

/castsequence reset=2 insect swarm, moonfire, sunfire

*it puts up IS and hitting the bind again puts up either MF or SF, depending where I am on my eclipse bar.

in the menu options, you there's an option which lets you hold down say, 'shift' and click a spell and have it cast @focus target. Pretty handy for a fight you want to roll multiple targets with dots: Reg Shannox, (Valiona/Theralion in BoT), etc..

Post 10 Nov 2011 22:14

Ty! hehe, Dude, if you actually get me to improve my dps, i would be sooo happy! :D and im thinking about getting a steelseries mouse, i want something affordable and comfortable :)

Post 11 Nov 2011 12:14

Heej,

no problem mate:)

try the following all around spec

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0IfMdRGMkRzzZrcz

if you need some more survivability put some points in perseverance from blessing of the grove/gale winds/fungal growth.
If you have mana problems on aoe fights try moonglow.
I personally use a macro for my opener to use my troll racial since it's not on the gcd:)
If you bind it properly though just hit both keys simultaniously.
The crappy thing is that you can't really macro your opener since your treants don't macro so well:P

As for the dmc:volcano jep it's a huge dps boost, but prob the next patch is pretty soonish. So if you're low on your money you could also just wait for it. My guess is 3 weeks(?)

And like peete said love your shrooms:) Just don't use them on single target, unless you put them down before the fight starts or in case you have a completely worthless gcd available while on the move.

Post 12 Nov 2011 20:34

im not from paragon but i got a balance druid (385 ilvl) going to start raggy hc soon, so i know abit about it.

as far as i can see on your armory link you arent hit capped. i would also recoment go for 4 set bonus as quickly as you can since it help out alot.

i´ll make a link to my own druid if you want to see something about my spec and such if it can help you.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... elp/simple

i hope this help you and just ask if you need any further assistant

machalphelp