Feral Tank gemming, question for Sejta

Feral Tank gemming, question for Sejta

Post 24 Oct 2011 13:01

Hello, i have recently started tanking on my feral druid and i have trying to figure out what feral tanks are supposed to gem? Some people say "go for agility, savage defense+dodge is awesome" some people say that stamina is a solid way to go. I am really clueless, but since i saw that you (Sejta) were gemming almost only stamina with an exception for your head and of course the 2 greens to keep the meta socket up i have pretty much tried to do the same.

But what i am wondering is, WHY is it better to stack stamina then any other stats as it seems like. Perhaps it switches over when you reach a certain amount of dodge/agility or as simple as itemlevel.

Please help me out here Sejta, i have been trying to reach you on mirc 3-4 times but havent gotten an answer! :)

Re: Feral Tank gemming, question for Sejta

Post 25 Oct 2011 19:28

Stack stamina, reforge everything to mastery. have fun.

Post 27 Oct 2011 23:51

Tittzi wrote:Stack stamina, reforge everything to mastery. have fun.

please don't do this.

Post 01 Nov 2011 03:11

generally, do whatever you like, what works best with your healers. i suggest you read this:

http://theincbear.com/we-arent-in-wrath-anymore-toto

Flexibility is still a foreign concept, and is certainly not a popular thing amongst theorycrafters.
It’s akin to pulling open the curtains in the middle of the day in a vampire’s lair.
They’ll either die from burning, kill you first, or turn you into one of their own.

so, i give you my personal thoughts: i like to go with stam for eh like sejta. i was, however, full agi until only recently.
worked all fine aswell. see for yourself:
equip bis gear (in eg. rawr ) put it all on stam like sejta, then go for agi like theorycrafter (esp ej) like to do now and watch the numbers.
maybe on a rag hc fight?

dogde 41,4% => 44,6%
sd proc 24994 => 26426
total mitigation 90,48% => 91,11%

looks good, huh? but hp 239k => 201k (ok, almost 20k only through trinkets),
and on taking 5m melee dmg on that fight 0.7% is only a mere 35k.
but then again, maybe you are doing 10 man and your dps matters?!?
you can go either way and live (as a tank). ofc you shouldnt stop thinking about whats good and helpful - "optimal" -,
but remember its for just you and your raid.

if i was something like a zen master id say:
its not about the gemming, its about the how the sun shines through them. cut me 3 timeless nightsones now, put this stardust on whoever and you shall find your answer whether its blue or red.

edit: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2045