Question for lappe

Question for lappe

Post 12 Sep 2011 11:27

Heya fellow oomkin..

I got some questions according to gems and speccs.

1: Why are you going for Dreamstate and Furor, and not for Lunar shower and Blessing of the grove/Perseverance ?
2: Why are you aiming for the 10 int bonus with int/haste gems ?

Im guessing you got all content on farm status so you should be able to max a dps specc and the "situational" fights were the specc for a firstkill matters is a few weeks behind you all. So is it something that i have missed?

Gl to you all in the future.

Tnx in advance from a old owl in sweden :)

Re: Question for lappe

Post 12 Sep 2011 12:13

User avatarlappe

1. Dreamstate to make sure i never go oom in aoe situations, furor because i like to have energy for cat aoe sprint if its needed. Lunar shower is waste of talents since it has no use in any situations (-->Blessing of the grove is so minor dps increase that we're starting to talk about ~20dps, prefer utility over that) and perseverance is something that i dont need anymore (cba to keep 2 balance specs to change depending on what other utility talents i need)

2. its a dps increase.

Post 12 Sep 2011 12:38

Lappe? Can't you just macro Enrage Stampeding Roar (Bear) no?
Yes you can.

Enrage have 1 minute CD and Roar 2 minute CD, so it would make all the sence in the world, unless you are ending a dash and want to get into Stampeding Roar instantly, which I can't really see happening because it's not like you do any damage in cat form anyway (Duh).

No, but really I would expect more from a top tier raider, unless I am missing something completely un-obvious.

Post 12 Sep 2011 12:55

User avatarlappe

and get increased threat regen and possibly get agro from a boss/mob/whatever. preferably not.

also i've just so used to use catform instead of bear form for this because of pvp, where i need that enrage for lastand+heal usage instead of interrupt+stampeding roar.

Post 12 Sep 2011 14:55

I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but wouldn't Perseverance be more usefull for pvp? Also I haven't experienced Berserk aggroing anything at all unless your tanks are asleep? Especially on Ragnaros (Which I know you got on farm and all but still!) There is nothing you can aggro, except for phase 2.5 where your tanks really should be able to pick up 2 mobs easily anyway. Is it really worth it? (for pve that is) For pvp I totally get Furor being amazing.

PS: I'm a fan, not a hater as it might have seemed!

Post 12 Sep 2011 16:01

User avatarlappe

1. this isnt my pvp spec
2. i've experienced agroing when going bearform for various things

Post 12 Sep 2011 22:40

Aight, thanks for your time, Lappé.