Weapon choice help

Weapon choice help

Post 09 Aug 2010 17:18

First off here's a link to my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Falsar

As you can see from my armory that I am currently using Distant Land, and that I'm gemmed with all agility gems because I do not yet have DBW. My main question if I should continue to you use Distant Land because of its high agility count, or Hersir's Greatspear (251 version) due to its high armpen count but modest agility. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Weapon choice help

Post 09 Aug 2010 19:55

I'm usually a tank so I haven't rlly optimally informed myself about kitty dps, tho I've read several forums where is stated that ArP is the way to go, most kitty's i Know use cryptmaker; despite his Strength on it but because it has a high ArP rating + potential by gemming ArP in the 3 gemslots

edit: Boehhh Ignore my post I totally had the wrong armorypage opened >.<

Post 10 Aug 2010 06:08

Haha no problem :P... I'm still wondering which to choose!

Post 10 Aug 2010 08:04

Falsar wrote:As you can see from my armory that I am currently using Distant Land, and that I'm gemmed with all agility gems because I do not yet have DBW.

There's absolutely no "must gem agi unless have DBW" rule. Always gem whatever gives you the highest overall dps (with the raid setup you usually run).

Falsar wrote:My main question if I should continue to you use Distant Land because of its high agility count, or Hersir's Greatspear (251 version) due to its high armpen count but modest agility.

You're choosing between haste (worst pure dps stat) and arpen (best/second best pure dps stat). Comparing items of the same ilevel the choice should be pretty obvious. Comparing items of different ilevel you might want to confirm with spreadsheet.

Post 10 Aug 2010 15:42

Thanks! It was really a must have DBW to do it, but I realized I'd be far under the armpen cap and I wasn't sure if that was bad or not. I'm gonna try to find out which is better.