Couple Questions (MoP)

Couple Questions (MoP)

Post 11 Oct 2012 20:50

Hello,
First: i'm reforging to haste/crit atm, but i've heard that mastery would give a very powerfull burst, so should i change for mastery main?

Second: Is there any usefull macros i should use on bosses?

Last: If the raid have all buffs they need wich pet is most usefull? using a Quilen atm for Combat Ress (we already have that one too)

Thx for your time

Re: Couple Questions (MoP)

Post 12 Nov 2012 08:44

User avatardeva

First: haste is worst stat for bm hunter ( judging from your last question that you are BM hunter ). Crit/mastery is the way to go.

Second: yes there is many usefull macros what you should use on bosses.

Last: All pets doing the same damage, if you need something specific from your pet pick the pet accordingly. If not, use spirit beast to get spirit heal for your own surivability. All the pet buffs you can see here:
http://wow-petopia.com/

Mess with the best, die like the rest!

Post 15 Nov 2012 05:52

Hey Devai,
What about for SV spec? CRIT>MASTERY>HASTE or CRIT>HASTE>MASTERY?

Thanks

Post 15 Nov 2012 07:24

User avatardeva

Crit>Haste>Mastery, but if you're respecing between SV and BM i'd suggest u go crit > mastery > haste. For Heart of fear BM is way superior than SV in many fights.

Post 16 Nov 2012 16:32

Oh I see,
With my current gear I can only get 6081 crit, 2421haste and 2178 mastery. That is getting hit/exp cap and the most crit>mast>hast.
I was thinking to change to BM since many fights are single target.
I have a question about BM rotations. Pretty much KC is the priority, and arcane for focus dump.
When should I use Focus Fire?
Also in at Lvl75 which one is better for pve? MoC, Blink Strike or Lynx Rush?

Thanks ~

Post 20 Nov 2012 06:31

User avatardeva

BM is best spec in most of the fights. KC is the highes in your priority system from "normal" abilities which doesn't include cooldowns. Focus Fire is bit random when it stacks to 5x, but normally you should use your focus fire right after when your BW is going to end or bit after that, but wait that it stacks for 5x.

Talents depends on fight really, but mostly i have been using Lynx Rush cause its no focus cost and does high burst and good dps, but for example on amber shaper you should use MoC because there is 2 mobs tanked next to each other and other mob takes 99% less damage, so 50% of lynx rush attacks are going to do no damage. And another good example is Tsulong in terrance, been using blink strike on that boss because on p2 pet mobility is really key factor to maximise your dps. You need to swap targets all the time in p2 so you can have most uptime by taking blink strike and you need to remember NOT to use KC and blink strike on same target, if there is any other targets up. Mostlikely there is big adds and some other small adds running around so there should be alternative targets for your pet to blink on.

Post 20 Nov 2012 16:46

I see, well thanks for all the answers Devai = )
I hope I get used to BM

Post 27 Nov 2012 06:33

User avatardeva

When you get used to your BM CD's ull be fine :) Most of the headache from bm will come about handeling the cd's and when to use them, 4 cd's is quite a bit :)

Post 10 Jan 2013 23:38

Well i don't know if I'm posting this in the right thread but i saw posts on this thread about stats and I'm wondering what are the current stats weights on the hunter class , what reforge calculator or simulator is being used or is it done manually ?
would really like to see an answer from devai

thanks