A bit curious

A bit curious

Post 05 Feb 2012 03:57

I recently Joined a heavy raiding guild and I want to pull as much DPS from my hunter as absolutely possible.

my armory :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Kazkaa/advanced

my Priority is : Hunters mark, Apply Serpent sting, Black arrow Explosive shot Arcane (When ExS and BA are on CD and I have more than 40 focus) Cobra Shot, using my engineering gloves on CD unless I need to save it to burst something or for a specific phase soon (Hagara down phase, tendon) popping RF after lust, and CotW with Lust/pot/Racial

I personally can't see why my numbers are lower than they should be, but any adive is welcomed, just please if you tell me to do something explain why.

Re: A bit curious

Post 05 Feb 2012 11:00

User avataryliajo

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t110723-cat ... al_hunter/

Use Explosive Shot before Black Arrow. Prepotting is always a dps increase. Don't know how you handle LnL procs so read that at least from that link.

The dance of angry feet.

Post 05 Feb 2012 18:47

for LnL I Explosive, Arcane x2 Explosive Cobra then explosive.

I do prepot and repot during fights, except for spine.

Post 06 Feb 2012 08:39

Hello !

First, I think you know that, you should stack critical strike as much as you can, so I think you shouldn't reforge your crit on your feet and wrists.
Also on one of your finger you have no critical strike, so you should reforge the highest caracteristic in crit.
If you play survival (i don't play BM so I can't help you) you should get your 8% hit, then max your crit (each piece should have as much as crit on it), and then max mastery. You can have juste 950 haste it's good with the 4p t13. (with 3/3 pathing i got a 1.6s cobra shot).
Go for a 20 caracteristic on your chest and 65 crit on your back.
And don't forget to precall call of the wild before each boss, it's 10 ~ 15s with 10% attack power for you and your pet, wich is great for your opening.

Post 06 Feb 2012 09:23

I know the class pretty well, or I wouldnt be in a hard core raiding guild... I'm more looking for anything I could change to up my dps to compete with the orange sticks, not the class basics.

as for the reforges, I reforged to hit my hit/haste cap perfectly.

Post 06 Feb 2012 19:54

KAzkaa wrote:I know the class pretty well, or I wouldnt be in a hard core raiding guild... I'm more looking for anything I could change to up my dps to compete with the orange sticks, not the class basics.

as for the reforges, I reforged to hit my hit/haste cap perfectly.

You shouldn't be reforging out of crit for more haste as I see on your armory on your boots for example. You don't need much haste due to the 2pc T13 bonus. If you can, try to aim for around the minimum haste level, which I believe is around 950-970? Somewhere around there. Your belt could be reforged from haste to mastery, you reforged mastery to haste on your helm, another no no. Reforge the haste out of your neck into crit, not from mastery. As well, if you did heroic Firelands or can get the opportunity, pick up the heroic Dreadfire Drape off of Rhyolith, it is still BIS for us.

You say you reforged perfectly, but I don't see it that way. As well as the others have already said, it is Explosive Shot before Black Arrow.

KAzkaa wrote:I know the class pretty well, or I wouldnt be in a hard core raiding guild...

All we are doing is giving you the info, don't throw it back in our faces when you asked for help.

"Saru mo ki kara ochiru" - "Even monkeys fall from trees."

Post 07 Feb 2012 00:35

Ryuusenshi wrote:All we are doing is giving you the info, don't throw it back in our faces when you asked for help.

Good recommendations so far as far as reforges and priorities go, and ^x10, raiding 4 nights a week for 4.5 hours a day being 3/8H, I wouldn't consider that hardcore. You can keep telling yourself that..

Do you have any specific logs? Perhaps we can point out some stuff there.

Post 07 Feb 2012 08:18

Also, I noticed that you use as primary glyph, the serpent strike one. I think you should try to use the kill strike one.

Post 07 Feb 2012 10:53

frénésie wrote:Also, I noticed that you use as primary glyph, the serpent strike one. I think you should try to use the kill strike one.

Aside from the lack of correct English, he is right. Serpent Sting glyph shines on heavy AoE fights, but beyond that your best glyph choice will be Kill Shot. I also noticed in your spec you have 1 point into Sic' Em! which I feel is a bad choice, you should shoot for 2 points into this talent.

"Saru mo ki kara ochiru" - "Even monkeys fall from trees."