Heroic Spine

Heroic Spine

Post 07 Jan 2012 22:26

Hi. I am currently raiding Heroic Spine of Deathwing and am having some trouble min maxing my burst on the tendon. I know that rogues and Mages are doing significantly more damage right now in general however, my guild doesn't have a very deep bench to accomidate this. I was wondering if any hunters amongst the paragon community had any thoughts about how to maximize DPS spec/gear wise for the tendon. I'm currently doing around 900k every lift and am desperately trying to hit atleast 1.2-1.3.

If Deva or any other hunter could shed some light on the subject I would be eternally grateful. Thanks for your time and effort.

Sincerly,

Bowjangles - Frostmane US

Re: Heroic Spine

Post 09 Jan 2012 06:24

Same problem here ^^ all your help will be much appreciated!

Post 09 Jan 2012 08:53

If you post some logs others can look at, that would help greatly to help determine solutions and to give advise.

I went to check your armory as well, however you logged out in PvP gear, so I was unable to check it.

Other then being able to look at logs (and without having done H Spine yet myself) it seems that Mages/Rogues over all will have a much higher burst, especially mages (or so I would guess). However, that is only a guess since I haven't looked at other logs of other hunters vs rogues/mages myself nor have I done the encounter.

Do you raid as Survival or MM? Which do you use on H Spine? Do you save cooldowns for Tendons? Which cooldowns do you use when during the encounter? Etc, this is where some logs would be nice =)

"Saru mo ki kara ochiru" - "Even monkeys fall from trees."

Post 09 Jan 2012 09:36

Up to this point Ive tried both MM and Survival specs. I shoot for about 1250 haste in either spec. It seemed as MM I had a much easier time sustaining a consistent burst through each tendon. However as survival I struggled depending on whether RF was up and how many adds I could use for explosive trap. However, I get the feeling that survival has a much higher potential depending on the techniques used to tank and kill bloods.

Here is my Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... les/simple

Here are My personal logs: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/frostmane/bowjangles/

These are the guild Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/136997/ *note 12/28-29 and 1/05*

We have only put in about 20 attempts into the fight but Damage done to Tendons Appears to be a chief concern. I so far have only seen about 6 logs of guilds that have a single hunter in 10H. but in that atmosphere the highest parse seems to be SV at something right below 6 mil (Note: Most of these logs aren't in English).

When I play Marks I came to this as being the easiest way to consistently damage the tendon:

1. Pool Focus and use 1 RF on each tendon burn as they last about 23 secs w/ Ai Dump.
2. Readiness immediately after RF to allow for readiness CD to regen.
3. Potions will prob be used on second tendon in a kill.

I see problems arising with this on the fourth lift as RF and readi will potentially both be on CD and am debating on how to overcome that.

When SV I perceive the Max Potential to be:
1. Hunters Mark and maintain a normal rotation so as to let sting to continue as the tendon is unexposed.
2. I change the norm by explosive traping instead of black arrow to allow for more Lock and Load.
3. I use RF on the first expose and the most necessary expose when it is back up around approx. 7 min mark. (potion with second RF)

Again your time and assistance is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bowjangles - Frostmane US

Post 12 Jan 2012 17:31

The valor trinket is extremely useful on this fight.

Post 13 Jan 2012 02:38

Ya I use the valor trinket for spine. I've been playing it as MM and came up with a few extra things that help.

1. Stack Master Marksman to five right as add is about to die.
2. Use arcane shot ONLY right before the burn to proc 4 piece haste ( I believe this is a 2 min icd)
3. Pop RF with Valor Trinket
4. Use readiness right after burn
5. Pet Swap for a new Call of the Wild

Post 25 Jan 2012 04:06

isn't BM an option ? one would think bestial wrath and the shorter cotw cd could proove nice for the tendons?

Post 27 Jan 2012 23:05

Kerbaroth wrote:isn't BM an option ? one would think bestial wrath and the shorter cotw cd could proove nice for the tendons?

The shorter CotW CD shouldn't be a huge difference since most people have 3 of the same pet available to rotate anyways. As for BW, I've tested it out a few times on dummies, not actual combat, but found it yielding lesser results than survival.