the confusion

the confusion

Post 27 Aug 2011 12:57

i haven't played my hunter since bc. i picked it up recently and got into a guild and started raiding. in effort to look for guides to see if i could increase my dps i found tonnes of different answers on amount of haste aimed shot vs arcane and i'm just really confused.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/y ... iis/simple this is my armory i read that the haste plateau is 12.93% so i reforged to hit it.

but when i female dwarf my self using the setup they use to get accurate dps on using arcane shot it shows my dps at higher then what i usually do. any help would be appreciated

Re: the confusion

Post 27 Aug 2011 17:49

Hey there Pixel

For first thing that came to mind is that I am unsure if female dwarf takes into account the actual fight dynamics. By this I mean movement, other jobs that have been laid upon you, such as slowing Riplimb as he brings the spear back to Shannox and so forth. Due to this, if female dward *doesnt* take these kinds of things into account, it will give you most likely the max dps you should be able to do on a stand alone fight without movement, full buffs and so forth. *This is only an assumption, no means is it accurate or correct, clarification from another is appreciated*

As well, having a little more haste than only 12.93% which is about 1235 I believe, will make sure that you are accounting for latency (unsure how much more haste you need to account for latency).

Another thing that popped into my mind is perhaps your execution of the priority/rotation we use as Hunter's. During a fight, it is sometimes easy to lose focus and mess it up. Spend time in 5 man dungeons or training dummies to get the rotation down and have it become muscle memorized so you don't even need to think about it. This will clear up room in your mind to focus on the fight itself and any tasks that have been handed to you.

Other than these things, I am unsure what to suggest, as I am unable to see your female dwarf setup and so forth.

I hope this helped, and good luck!

~Ryuusenshi

"Saru mo ki kara ochiru" - "Even monkeys fall from trees."