MM Hunter DPS,Rotation,stats Help

MM Hunter DPS,Rotation,stats Help

Post 27 Jul 2011 00:12

Sup guys
I need some help with my Hunter's Spec,Rotation,Stats
to me it looks like i have decent gear,the problem is i cant get over 15-18k and hold,i had alot of undergeared hunters get more DPS than me,i have been told that Arcane shot is better than Aimed shot at Focus dump.....
i got 21k on dummy which is when i used all my CD's,any advice?

Here's my Armory:
http://tiny.cc/pbert
anything would help,ty
Last edited by dan_1993 on 27 Jul 2011 00:26, edited 5 times in total.

Re: MM Hunter DPS,Rotation,stats Help

Post 27 Jul 2011 00:14

There was a page there..

Now it's gone.

Post 27 Jul 2011 00:20

Got it fixed,sorry bout that :D

Post 27 Jul 2011 06:40

The short answer is that Arcane is better. The problem with Aimed as a focus dump is that if you lose a few fractions on the cast here and there throughout a fight you lose a lot of dps. Frostheim aka Brian Wood did a great article that explains in numbers the dps value of skill. A great time to cast aimed shot, however, is when you're under a dynamic haste effect such as rapid fire or heroism. The cast time should easily drop below 1.6 making the dps throughput better than 2 arcanes.

Since you don't have the T11 4-piece the best plateau for you is 12.93% haste. With 3 points in pathing you only need 9.64% haste from gear which is 1235 Haste rating. At this plateau you do not want the Chimera glyph. Also, these calculations require the physical haste buff. The standard rotation at this plateau is Chimera, 2 arcanes, and 5 steady shots. The rotation is flexible though, as long as you're casting 2 arcanes and 5 steadies in between chimeras while keeping imp steady up. During the careful aim phase you want to cast as many Aimed and steadies as possible. You'll most likely be using your rapid fire cooldowns at the beginning of the fight as well.

I see you don't have any points in termination. You may want to rethink that. I know it can make things more hectic at the end of the fight, but it is a dps talent and casting more arcanes can give you more opportunities to move. Termination is great on a fight like Shannox where hero is used during the last third of the bosses hp, a dynamic haste effect + Termination = more aimed shots.

That's all for now. Good luck.

Post 28 Jul 2011 13:17

I believe that the 1235 Haste plateau is for those -with- the T11 4pc and the Chimera Glyph, while the 1850 is without the T11 4pc and with Chimera Glyph, or did I miss something?

Thanks in advance. :)