Survival Hunters UNANSWERED questions

Survival Hunters UNANSWERED questions

Post 24 Jul 2011 03:32

Hello, I truly admire you guys, and I hope you can answer this simple SV hunter questions.

If I have the non-heroic t11 4p should I still stick with it or should I get the t12 2p?

If I do change to t12 2p, how much haste should I aim for with hunting party (or any similar buff in raid)?

Do you guys think hunters got easy tasks for firelands content compared to other contents? (for example killing the spiderlings in beth.)

Re: Survival Hunters UNANSWERED questions

Post 24 Jul 2011 09:17

User avatardeva

Hello, kinda frustrating to see that kinda topic. You know that we just had progress raids and i really bet no hunter is going to answer questions while progress is on.

Well anyway you shoudn't put 2pt t12 on cause 4pt t11 is just so damn awesome. ofc you can test it for your self but i noticed lack of haste when i swaped 4pt t12 on. Dont really know how much haste SV needs to be at same spot what it was with t11, but marks need around 1850 haste and windfury totem to be able to squeeze in 1 extra shot per rota.

I was killing beth spiders on hc atleast, slowing the adds on ryolith hc and killing them. Nothing too special (i recommend marks if you are assigned to spider duty, cause concussive barrage works so nicely as slow and u just spam multi shot.). SV did over all better damage on ryolith.
Last edited by deva on 24 Jul 2011 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

Mess with the best, die like the rest!

Re: Survival Hunters UNANSWERED questions

Post 24 Jul 2011 11:54

Ignoring everything except Cobra Shots in rotation, your options are either:

• 5/3 = 1.67sec cobra cast
  • 5/4 = 1.25sec cobra cast

Using Zeherah's haste calculator, without 4T11 but fully raid buffed these come to:

• 1.67sec requires about 760 haste rating
  • 1.25sec requires about 5300 haste rating

In reality, you'll probably have an instant available for most cycles, meaning the actual optimum might lie somewhere else - would need some simulationcraft runs to figure that out probably.