Warrior discussion

Re: Warrior discussion

Post 23 Apr 2010 23:07

hi tuutittz
hi i am a dps fury warrior i am toping 11k single target dps and am alway looking and wondering how to impove, ok i have been thinking on how to improve my gear and my dps preforments wat would be better get 4/5 t10 get the set 4 bounes get proc and get 2 slams but is that a great bounes or swich some gear get 2/5 get the crafted legs gaining more arp/ crit as exp is fairly easy to cap these days just wondering some idea on this, also wats better death's verdict or whispering fanged skull with the 256 ap and proc 450 str=900ap there abouts and the 131 crit and proc 1.1 wat trinkit is better

Post 02 May 2010 00:48

Hi, i dont know if i put this topic in the right forum but i got a question for you Tuuttiz

http://static.paragon-wow.com/gallery/1/full_2.jpg
On that picture, the buffs u have below ur minimap, what's the addon called to config those =) ?

Post 02 May 2010 03:23

bobbo101 wrote:Hi, i dont know if i put this topic in the right forum but i got a question for you Tuuttiz

http://static.paragon-wow.com/gallery/1/full_2.jpg
On that picture, the buffs u have below ur minimap, what's the addon called to config those =) ?

elkano's buffbars

Post 14 May 2010 18:09

First of all, here's a armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&cn=Critted

i've seen a lot of good fury warriors using HWT (Maeili, Tuuttiz, Jüggernaught...)
is it worth changing one of my trinkets to HWT or would it just make me lose dps?

Post 14 May 2010 18:51

Correct me if im wrong, i believe a majority of warriors use HWT until they can get their mits on a DBW. Id keep your trinkets dude :)

Post 18 May 2010 09:34

Need some advice on how to improve my DPS. Currently only managing about 4K against training dummies and topping at 3K in 5 man heroics. I'm in a small guild so no raids other that casual ones I manage to get into. I have ~ 50 Frost Emblems and 50K Honour points to use. I know I need to replace my blue trinket asap but any other advice would be grateful particularly how I can improve my gemming and what I should buy with emblems and honour. Tks

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Cornflare

Post 18 May 2010 11:03

Hey Cornflare. I think I can manage to answer some of your questions and give you some hints.

First, the warrior's main stats are strength, crit, agility and armor penetration. In some cases haste would be good as well, but not as important as the three mentioned above.

A good geared warrior has 90 % + passive ArP, 1800-2000 strength, and between 45-50 crit %.

Gear tips;

Use all your frost badges on the Tier10 set (Ymirjar's Battlegear), until you have 4/5 pieces, which will give you the set bonus needed. The items you should get is the head, shoulders, chest and legs. When you have the 4/5 set, spend your frost badges on Gatecrusher's Gauntlets and Vengeful Noose. You got nice boots allready, so I'm not talking about them.

(You get the frosts by doing random heroics every day, as well as killing bosses in ICC. You get 2 frost badges per boss)

Btw, try to get a hold of some nice trinkets. A good start is Banner of Victory (TOC5 normal) or Mirror of Truth (vendor). If you are able to get into ICC, try to win Deathbringer's Will from 4th boss (25-man), and Whispering Fanged Skull (10-man). Some new weapons would increase your performance as well.

Caps and gemming;

Cap means that when you reach the specified number on a stat, you dont benefit from more of that stat, which makes getting overcapped a bit worthless.

Expertise cap = 26
Hit cap = around 160

You should never get below these ratings, because if you do, you will miss on crit strikes, and the enemy will be able to dodge and parry some of your slices, and that isnt good right?

You should allways make sure you are capped, then i would say that you go for full ArP on your gear. Don't gem strength on your gear, until you are either soft capped on ArP (around 740 rating, but that requires NES) or hard capped (1400 rating).

Rotation

BT --> WW --> Slam (on proc) / Heroic strike --> BT --> WW --> Slam (on proc) etc. When you got a lot of ragegiving gear, try spamming Heroic Strike on bosses. And be sure to use Death Wish in a good situation, as well as Recklessness. On AoE packs you should prefer doing some Cleaves as well.

Well, I'm a bit tired of writing now. Hope this helped, good luck! :)

Post 19 May 2010 11:20

Thanks Phaena, the advice is taken on-board. I think that as I am right now I'm hit capped as I have 3/3 Precision in my talent tree and my expertise is 26 as long as I keep using axes.

Should I be gemming for ArP yet or not? I have just been gemming straight strength and ignoring the socket bonuses, is that the right thing to do? I notice some people opt to put crit gems ect instead of strength to get the socket bonus.

Post 20 May 2010 15:03

What Trinket is best for warrior dps? The Mirror of Truth or something like the mark of supremacy? Mirror of truth is a proc item but supremacy requires use so which is best?

I'm also interesting in the bloodshed band as a ring upgrade to the one I have. The issue here is I will lose 33 expertise rating and drop under the 26 cap but my hit rating will be increased more over the cap than necessary.

Also of note if I equip mark of supremacy and bloodshed ring I can change my ranged weapon from felgalcier bolter to papa's brand new knife, something I had been avoiding to stay above the hit cap

Post 21 May 2010 12:21

Mirror of Truth is better than Mark of Supremacy as long as you are hitcapped. Because just as I said, you never want to get below Expertise and Hitcap. It's the most important thing in gearing.

It's not bad to be overcapped though, until you have aquired better gear.
I would advise you to fuck the socket bonuses, and gem for the stat that you benefit the most from.

I cant really say that it is worth to go for ArP all the way, until you can get a good amount of it on the gear(gems excluded).

And I can promise you one thing, you won't do good dps until you have a decent gear. Good luck.