Pre-Cataclysm Patch.

Pre-Cataclysm Patch.

Post 03 Oct 2010 14:53

As some of you may/may not be aware, the pre cataclysm patch is likely to hit live servers this reset due to updated PTR/Beta builds being developed already.

I was wondering what the Paragon warriors intend to do, stay fury or play arms. The reason I ask, is that to play fury you lose Deep wounds 3/3 until level 82/3 and its no secret Deep wounds is excessively useful to reach high dps.

Ive tried arms out and I feel when its glyphed and played correctly, it has huge potential but this is obviously just me. So, Arms or Fury ;D

Re: Pre-Cataclysm Patch.

Post 14 Oct 2010 12:44

I am also wondering what the warriors intend to do with this patch, I've read plenty saying how bad Fury is going to be. Does anyone have anything good to say about it? Will Fury ever be any good again or should we all just re-roll?

Post 14 Oct 2010 12:58

1) We think Fury, Arms, Feral cat and Retribution dps is too low and we will be buffing them.

Blue post this morning.

And generally, I wouldn't worry too much until the dust has settled. I don't think Blizzard has any grudges against any specific class/spec, and will try to balance things very closely for level 85 play.

Post 14 Oct 2010 19:48

teh wrote:
1) We think Fury, Arms, Feral cat and Retribution dps is too low and we will be buffing them.

Blue post this morning.

And generally, I wouldn't worry too much until the dust has settled. I don't think Blizzard has any grudges against any specific class/spec, and will try to balance things very closely for level 85 play.

Im still a bit synical over the magnitude of the buff. Its gonna have to be be something pretty good to compensate for loss of arp, needing 27% hit and losing Deepwounds/20%crit dmg/20%str/ 3ap/108 armor.

I dont have Shadowmourne, but im using Dual Glorenzelg and struggled to break 12k on Saurfang...

Am i right that MM hunters are struggling to keep upto the 20k bench mark being set by other classes too? Since ferals and rets have already been hot fixed on EU realms.

Post 15 Oct 2010 08:12

I dont have the best end game gear and with cataclysm coming out that makes the point a bit mute anyway as we'll all be changing our gear. However pre patch I was easily doing 4-5K in random heroics and topping dps for voa sometimes or at least top 3. Yesterday could only manage 2K in Random heroic. After lots of tweaking with reforging mainly swapping haste for Hit i am now around 25%hit with crit of 34% and haste 22%. I managed 3.6K on the training dummies self buffed but I have no idea how that will translate into real game play.

Also does anyone have any idea on rotation, i'm pretty much avoiding whirlwind now and using BT, HS, RB and slam on proc changing HS for Cleave on multiple targets.

Post 25 Oct 2010 11:14

mike_2 wrote:I dont have the best end game gear and with cataclysm coming out that makes the point a bit mute anyway as we'll all be changing our gear. However pre patch I was easily doing 4-5K in random heroics and topping dps for voa sometimes or at least top 3. Yesterday could only manage 2K in Random heroic. After lots of tweaking with reforging mainly swapping haste for Hit i am now around 25%hit with crit of 34% and haste 22%. I managed 3.6K on the training dummies self buffed but I have no idea how that will translate into real game play.

Also does anyone have any idea on rotation, i'm pretty much avoiding whirlwind now and using BT, HS, RB and slam on proc changing HS for Cleave on multiple targets.

As I can understand from your post you decided to go fury. Are you using your cooldowns correctly? (Recklessness and Death Wish) seeing as 2k in a random dungeon is a bit low, and by a bit low I mean you must be doing something wrong.

Your rotation priority is something like this.

Single target

BT
RB (if active of course)
Heroic Strike (If 50 rage or more)
I usually just ignore slams as it is right now to be completely honest, the amount of damage it deals is not worth the amount of rage it costs in it's current state.

What you can do instead of using slam procs is that you can swap into Battle Stance, apply Rend and swap back into Berserker stance quickly.

And basically repeat. Also remember that Berserker Rage can also provide you with an enrage-effect if you struggle with getting enraged.

Multi-Target

Cleave (if 50 rage or more)
Whirlwind
Bloodthirst
Raging Blow

Additional Info

Socketing.

Blue sockets - Str/hit
Yellow sockets - Str/crit
Red sockets - Str

Stats.

27% hit
34%+ crit for optimal Flurry uptime.
I'm seeing average 15% haste, so I'm assuming that's a decent amount to aim for.
26 expertise on both weapons, a few less is acceptable.

Spec.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml ... 0000000000

That's the optimal spec atm, though you can swap out the one point in PH(Piercing Houl) and fill out (RI) Rude Interruption.

My post is most likely a bit messy, and for that I'm sorry. :p

Some info by Diametunim, Adept Blackrock US.

http://www.adeptguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=4835.0

All props to him.

Post 25 Oct 2010 11:38

User avatarzYN

Just bide your time until Cataclysm. If the current state of beta doesn't get changed, then warriors will continue doing absurdly high DPS in single target and especially when tanking.

I wouldn't really fret too much over live server right now.

Post 25 Oct 2010 11:46

Forgot about this topic. To be honest warriors have been "normalized" again now thanks to the buff. If anything dps is more stable without deep wounds, despite needing 27% hit being a pain. The upside, now i can reforge the 48expertise to hit and use 2x Glorenzelg hc instead of a cryptmaker... /cheer.

Anyone who needs to know the rotation btw:
Blood Thirst > Raging Blow > Heroic strike (Can be used off the GCD, but has a 3sec CD) > Slam procs.

Remember you can invove enrage with [Berserker rage] with its 30sec CD. Using this you find extremely high up time on Raging Blow use ^^ Hope this has helped someone.