What proffesion should i use?

What proffesion should i use?

Post 24 Sep 2010 08:33

Hey!

Ok, another question for you guys. This time i wanna know what proffesion is
best for a DPS Warrior? PPL tell alot of things, and very diff things. So i have no clue what to skill upp. I started with BS and Mining, got tierd of farming mining etc. So iv played most of my lvl 80 time with out any proffesion @ all. I picked up mining again and farming mats for BS but @ 400 skill im already sick of it.

So, on to the question.

What proffesion should i go for?

Re: What proffesion should i use?

Post 24 Sep 2010 09:04

User avatarmeth

Blacksmithing & Jewelcrafting gives you two extra gem slots and three special gems. So thats a very good and popular combination. The only other real useful professions would be enchanting for the two ring enchants or leatherworking maybe.

I'd go with BS and JC. Would be wise to have a miner around ot farm mats or enough cash to buy things.

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 24 Sep 2010 12:44

For the best professions for a dps warrior, your options are:

Jewelcrating/Enchanting - Pretty good choice overall

Jewelcrafting/Blacksmithing - Great choice since blacksmithing is highly flexible with the two extra sockets, could be used for things like getting expertise capped etc.

Jewelcrafting/Engineering - The best choice for max dps, It doesnt give the same benefits like two extra sockets from BS but the perks from this profession make it really great. Obviously hyperspeed accelerators for cooldown usage, but speed enchant on boots are just so nice to have for positioning etc, will most likely be able to save you from time to time from dying. In the end its also the most ''fun'' profession with various pets, mounts, and other fun gadgets available.

You can mix these professions as you please, but these are your best choice for doing dps.

Post 24 Sep 2010 15:37

Hehe yeah iv seen the engenering dudes running around in BG's etc.
So JC and Enginering then? I have around 13K gold, enuff to both profs to 450 skill?

Post 24 Sep 2010 16:04

User avatarmeth

If you farmed Blacksmithing to 400 I'd really consider keeping it and just picking up JC. And before you drop mining, just use it to farm mats since JC and Engineering both require ores and/or diamonds, crystals etc...

Check powerleveling guides like those here - http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=1026 - and check which mats are very expensive on your server and you might wanna farm them yourself while cheap stuff you should buy to safe time.

Post 25 Sep 2010 07:31

I have 237 skill in BS. And 400 in Mining.
So should i replace BS, and go engineering?

Post 25 Sep 2010 09:43

User avatarmeth

I don't want to make the decision for you but keep the following in mind:

Blacksmithing, Engineering and Jewelcrafting (if that is still up for debate) ALL need materials that are gathered with Mining. So you should stick with that in order to not waste a lot of money on buying materials from the auction house.

Each profession is a grind, Engineering will not be much more fun than Blacksmithing but if you want to drop it, sure do it. But keep Mining until you have Engineering at 450.

Post 25 Sep 2010 10:18

DPS warrior - MIN MAXING
If you want pure stats, JC and BS is the way to go. Come cataclysm engineering is getting a beasty buff with its "cog sockets". Two of these 3 professions should be your choice however this kate in the expansion i would do the following.

-Make a Bank character.
-Buy a guild bank of 2-4 tabs.
-Maybe 2/3 bank characters like this.

-Mine ore till you drop, from all main areas like copper/tin/silver/gold/iron/mithril/truesilver/thorium/Fel iron/Adamantite/ Cobalt/ Saronite. Keep all the stone too.

-Then continue to mine into cataclysm and make approx 20,000g on ore sale in the first 2-3 weeks. By this time you not only have the mats you need to level ANY of the professions you want, but you havce the gold to use/make the items from maxxed cataclysm professions.

-Then again, this is only what im choosing to do on an alt, you dont have to ;D

Post 26 Sep 2010 19:56

Engineering and JC are currently ur best choice. With endgame gear hyperspeed accelerators+bombs+24 crit on boots+nitro do outweight any other profession.

Post 13 Dec 2010 20:35

wouldnt tailoring be a great idea with the 1k ap proc on clock 1min cd last 15 secs or 20 secs when the jc 3X 67 str so that only 3X 17 str bounes = 51 str bounes but soon they will be bring out the epic gems so u will only be bounesing 21 str i rather have a `1k ap proc