Combat Rogue, Gear decisions and ARMP.

Combat Rogue, Gear decisions and ARMP.

Post 14 May 2010 09:33

Hi everyone,
This may seem a bit inappropriate to start a new topic about something like this but i am just gonna try ^^.
First in general, why I see a lot of armor pen combat rogues not reaching there cap (which is, I hope 100% aka ~1400 rating). I have the feeling some rogues do it on purpose (rakez). Our guild just reached 9/12hc so I can get almost all gear what I want. The problem is now, I cant find a way to get full armor cap, having the 2 setbonus, and have a good hit rating (exp maybe). The link to my character is: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&cn=Dfault So may question is, does someone have some advice towards me and other with this same problem? What to do and what not.

Real big thanks in advance!

Re: Combat Rogue, Gear decisions and ARMP.

Post 14 May 2010 10:07

Why so red...

Anyways, getting the heroic versions of the items that provide ArP (Toskk bracers, DBW, Frostbrood ring, Aldriana gloves etc) will give you extra ArP. Reaching ArP cap is a "goal", not a requirement. You shouldn't prioritize ArP just to reach the cap - you should prioritize it when it provides the biggest dps upgrade. However, most of the time it actually will be the biggest dps upgrade, as the value of ArP increases a lot once you get closer to the cap. Best way to determine that is of course by using a spreadsheet.

I'm also sure a lot of rogues who get close to 1360 ArP use ArP food to reach (closer to) the cap.

Re: Combat Rogue, Gear decisions and ARMP.

Post 14 May 2010 10:12

Okay i wont write in red anymore, first of all thank you for your fast respond. 2nd
The heroic versions of the items will increase my armor pen and other stats a bit, (ranged:25, gloves:10,boots:9,wrists:8,ring:8) Which is in total 60 armor pen more. I need 86 to reach the cap, but what i totally forgot was the foodbuff armor pen, which will get me to my armor pen cap, thanks alot for your help m8!