Gemming as combat rogue

Gemming as combat rogue

Post 06 May 2010 02:08

To start off, here's my armory link:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... allychalle

As you can see I've currently been gemming pure AP or AP/haste since I don't think that I have enough passive arpen to reach any caps.

My question is when I should start gemming pure arpen if I'd still use my trinket (NeS, or any similar one)?

As it is right now, I would reach a maximum of ~700arpen if I'd gem arpen in all slots.

And one more question, I've been told that haste is basicly useless for combat rogues now a days and that if I can't reach any arpencaps, I should just gem pure AP. Is this true?

I hope you understand what I'm asking. Thanks.

Re: Gemming as combat rogue

Post 19 Jul 2010 17:15

Hey Bud,

If you have the ability to access a spreadsheet, it would definitely help you alot. You could punch in stats with or without ArPen gems to see the results.

As far as haste goes; it is one of the top stats for a combat rogue.

Hit (to cap) > Exp (to cap)
ArPen > Haste > Crit

Haste, from any sources whether it be BL/Heroism, Haste Pots, SnD, will always benefit you not only due to the fact that you are striking your opponent more often for melee damage and poison procs, but it also gives you those lovely Combat Potency procs (Main benefit of haste). +15 Energy more often due to increased strikes will cause you to see definitive DPS increases. Once again, spreadsheets will prove this point.

Re: Gemming as combat rogue

Post 20 Jul 2010 15:16

The values of different stats depend on the level of your gear. For example at near-bis level armor pen / spell hit cap / expertise are often the best ones with white hit, haste and agility hovering around 2,0 ep. As Berginyon said, you'll be best off by downloading a spreadsheet and checking the values for your own gear as the values can differ greatly.

P.S. Linking your armory doesn't really do much. Also, asking for handholding in general doesn't yield answers too often =)

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.