combat

combat

Post 05 May 2010 20:43

hey guys
i raid with my rogue now since toc came out
now i raid icc10/25 with guild
i always played multi
now i collected combat gear and i gemmed it
i tried combat now some raids my dps is oke but a other rogue with lower gear does more dps then me maybe you can give me some tips about rotation or marcros dunno if you use anyone
now my rotation with tank and spank fights is (start with garotte-ss till 3 cp-snd-killing spree-pop cds -and just keep snd up and eviscerate with 5 cps
dunno if do something wrong
but would be great if i could get some tips
ty for now:)

Re: combat

Post 19 Jul 2010 17:25

It might be all about how you are geared, you may feel it is correct but it is not. (Armory link please?)

Rotation generally is as you said, i do a little differently, going 1-2 point SnD to open and get it going, then work up 5 points to get a full SnD, and then work into the 5point evisc, maintain SnD etc. (Also, i spent a spectacular amount of time as top dps in the top ally guild on my server, so i feel my words arent bullshit, haha)

The reason that other rogue with lower gear is beating you? I would say Min/Max.

I came back from a long break (5 months), and had much worse gear than everyone else around me, yet was beating them by nearly 2-4k dps. (I was at 4.8k gs, they were around 5.5+). I laughed at it, with the whole concept that Skill > Gear, etc etc, but i also realize that Min/Maxing will make the difference.

-Popping a haste pot before entering combat to ensure you get to use it again later in the fight
-Making sure, at all costs, SnD NEVER, EVER, FALLS OFF
-Using Tricks EVERY cooldown as soon as it comes available.
-Using Killing Spree EVERY cooldown starting each fight with Tricks + Killing Spree.
-Using BF and AR every single cooldown available (generally its hard to get more than 1 AR per fight.
-If you KNOW when heroism/BL is going to come up, use BF/Haste pot WITH Hero/BL. If hero/BL is coming late in the fight (30% ish), you can use BF early in the fight to get multiple uses.

Things such as this make the difference. Along with gemming each spot to ensure MAXIMUM dps. People think its trivial, but if you truly care about being top dps, you will always do this.