Maeil question about rotation !!!

Maeil question about rotation !!!

Post 17 Apr 2010 14:53

Maeil i was wondering if you could answer me some questions ? ( we have spoked in-game but some of my friends wants to know also , and you said to me to use the forum so everyone can learn ) First of all , what's your rotation ?? Second why do you have less than 290 hit rating ?? Third how do you use your Blade fury and adrenaline rush and killing spree ( i mean what order and when do you use them ) ??? And last but not least what macro's do you use , if you use any ?? I would like from you to answer me with every detail that you can cause for example something that you think its not important can make a big diffrence for me and my friends !!!! Ty for your time and sry to bother you :) Also one last question why did you choise combat spec ?? As far as i know assassination makes more dps isnt it true ?? Wouldn't you had more dps if you were assassination ??

Re: Maeil question about rotation !!!

Post 19 Apr 2010 03:43

I'd also like to know Maeil's macros, thanks.

Post 19 Apr 2010 12:23

1. Rotation

I just keep SnD up all the time with 2-3 cp usually and try to maximize 5cp rupture uptime while adding some 4-5cp eviscerates sometimes.

2. Hit-rating

237 hit-rating is enough for poison hitcap with moonkin or shadowpriest in the raid, 315 rating without those. Hit is not a bad stat at all, but for me those last beneficial arp ratings are high value for dps and 44ap glove chant has more total stats than 20 hit chant so it pulls ahead slighty now that I get my hit needed hit ratings elsewhere.

3. Cooldown usage

I'll use saurfang as a example. I start the fight with haste potion right before the boss becomes active, after the boss is engaged I use 1 sinister strike and get SnD up. Then I use 1 or more sinister strike to go low on energy before killing spree, after I get low on energy I use bladeflurry and killing spree. Right after killing spree I use my adrenaline rush and go for 5cp rupture or refresh SnD with lower points and start doing the normal rotation.
I try to time midfight cooldown usage so I can get maxium amout of those cooldowns used per boss but still use them at good time, for example waiting few seconds for bladeflurry and tricks before using killing spree etc.

4.Macros

I don't have any macros that would make you do more dps on bosses or anything. Just some macros that make some things easier & faster.
I am not going to list my macros in detail, just listing what they do, they are all very simple and you can most likely find them ready made somewhere.

Sinister strike+startattack -macro

Fan of knives+startattack -macro

Stack of tricks -macros : focus-targettarget-to tanks-to few dps'ers

Vanish+Cancelaura Hand of protection and killing spree -macro , can't vanish while hand of protection is on and able to vanish mid-killing spree if grabbing aggro

Evasion+cancelaura killing spree -macro, able to stop killing spree to move out of fire/cleave or walk away with debuff.

Some weapon switch macros

mount+cancelaura Deathbringers will forms -macro

Mouseover focus / clear focus with modifier -macro

Focus kick macro

Post 19 Apr 2010 23:47

I hope i didnt bother you too much Maeil and i really thank you for the informations :) Good luck and again tyy m8 !!!

Post 20 Apr 2010 00:41

Why do you use Blade Flurry right before Killing spree?

Post 20 Apr 2010 04:44

Warsonglord wrote:Why do you use Blade Flurry right before Killing spree?

Bladeflurry increases autoattack speed and killing spree increases all damage done by 20% when it's on.

Post 20 Apr 2010 07:34

Do you start the fight in stealth cause i heard of some rogues that dont want to lose dps they start the fight out of stealth ??

Post 20 Apr 2010 08:11

What difference does it make? Stealth has nothing to do with dps unless you're playing mutilate where overkill is considered a cooldown and thus should always be used to the maximum.

You might be able to find an answer for these questions by just thinking a bit. People in general should try doing that before asking other people to do the thinking for them, it's not that hard =).

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 20 Apr 2010 10:34

Diahi wrote:What difference does it make? Stealth has nothing to do with dps unless you're playing mutilate where overkill is considered a cooldown and thus should always be used to the maximum.

You might be able to find an answer for these questions by just thinking a bit. People in general should try doing that before asking other people to do the thinking for them, it's not that hard =).

Tyy Rakez but are you sure its dosent make any difrence ?? Are you sure that with stealth or not you change a bit your rotation ?? For example in stealth you open with garrote and then 1 cp for SnD then low energy for killing spree instead when you are out of stealth you start with SS get 1 cp and then go for SnD then low energy for Killing Spree so for me as you can see it makes a drifrence with your rotation and as far as i can see testing my rotation on the dummys i have 5.5k with stealth and 6k if i start out of stealth so there is my point !! Anyway tyy for your time Rakez and sry if my questions have insulted you !!!

Post 20 Apr 2010 12:36

Well, you can calculate that by counting your average sinister strike damage / energy cost and doing the same with your average garrote (present raid buffs included). The one which does more damage is the better option.

You can't really test anything on dummies, as there are so many things that factor into your dps. An accurate result could be made with starting with garrote 1000 times, then starting with sinister a 1000 times and comparing the results after. It's much easier to find out with a calculation though. In the end the difference is most likely around 1000 damage and really isn't that big of a deal.

I, for one, have a sinister strike macro with startattack bound in stealth so I can start with that in case I need to vanish or do something else. And no, I'm not insulted, just wondering...

PS. Lets move the discussion to the stickied rogue thread.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.