Rogue discussion

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 20 Apr 2010 14:23

LaaLA wrote:
clabbehala wrote:I was just wondering something:
Someone of the rogues in paragon told us in this thread that a good rogue addon is basiccombopoints, and that it's a must.. well, i though, why not.
After the DL i got kind of disipointed and exited at the same time, my bad feeling where aimed at the BIG grey box in the middle, so i went to setting and thought, ofcourse can i remove it, but noooooo...
I saw in you LK 25m HC that the rogue GM Seja had been able to remove that grey box, how did you manage that?
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... oints.html - The DL page!
// Zowíe

On their killvid of LK heroic you get to see maeil pov and not seja (sejta? im confused here) And the addon he's using to track combopoints above his head is named Blink's RogueHelper.
The "must use" statement he just said that classtimer and basiccombopoints is two good addons to show you the snd,rupture etc. timers and combopoints easier. If you play better without them you are not forced to use them.

About the grey box you can see, on my screen it disappears when im locking it..

Allright ^^ some confusing things but, thank you very much!

Post 21 Apr 2010 12:28

How important is expertise as a combat rouge? How much u should have to perform well? Gem for expertise to cap with a loss of arp?

Post 21 Apr 2010 14:53

Refer to the spreadsheet in my previous posts here. The value of expertise differs so much depending on how good your gear is. For me, now that I'm close to the arp cap, expertise is the 2nd highest in terms of ep, ranging from 2,3-2,5 while armor pen is around 2,8.

There are no magic numbers for any stat that are required for you to "perform well". Your dps doesn't suddendly drop to 0 if you don't have any expertise ect. from your gear.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 21 Apr 2010 16:05

I have to make a decision between a) 1385 arp and 11 exp b) 1257 arp and 24 exp or c) 1345 arp and 16 exp

What do u mean?

Post 21 Apr 2010 18:49

Diahi wrote:Refer to the spreadsheet in my previous posts here.

It's even linked in my signature now.

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 21 Apr 2010 23:19

Diahi wrote:
Diahi wrote:Refer to the spreadsheet in my previous posts here.

It's even linked in my signature now.

Is that updated for 3.3.3? with Rupture crits? last i checked it wasn't

Post 22 Apr 2010 03:13

No, you need to change the value of the B12 cell in the Calcs tab to 1 to do that. There are more detailed instructions in the thread.

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 25 Apr 2010 11:01

Hi...i was checking Maeil on armory and i noticed that he has changed the glyphs to rupture glyph....but he is still arm en gemmed...why? wouldn't it be better if he would go with ap gems instead of arm pen gem for rupture cycle? also i you can may you tell me how much dps does Maeil do on Saurfang HC 25 please?

Thank you for your time,
Halfbloodone - Rogue

Post 25 Apr 2010 22:50

What is better for combat rogue: haste or crit?

Post 26 Apr 2010 11:25

For the "What's better?" questions just refer to the spreadsheet, linked to a gabillion times, at ElitistJerks.com.

I've got a quick question regarding the UI we see in the Paragon 11/12 video. I found my UI to be roughly the same as Maeil's but am wondering what the big BossHP / BossPower / PlayerHP / PlayerPower block addon is named? Or is it a combination of several UI addons customized to fit each other?

While we're at it, could you disclose the TankTarget addon name too? The UI look is rather resembling which I found more attractive than my current, also effective, mash-up.

Thank you.