Rogue discussion

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 02 Apr 2010 17:12

Fed3x wrote:I am having a heck of a time keeping Rupture and SnD up, with the odd Evis in the middle. Every time I Evis I seem to end up dropping Rupture. Am I doing something wrong, how many combo point Ruptures should I be maintaining?

I would really appreciate the help, thank you.

If that's the case you shouldn't be eviscerating as soon. Just pool energy as high as you can before refreshing slice and dice (unless it's about to drop). Same with rupture. You'll generally find that if you start out with, say, 2 SnD 5 rupture, you'll work up to 3 SnD 5 rupture within a few iterations, then 4 SnD 5 rupture, etc. Only when you're extremely confident that you can eviscerate and knock yourself back down to something like 2 SnD 5 rupture to repeat, should you actually eviscerate.

Post 06 Apr 2010 22:21

Hey guys, grats on the amazing progress :)

I have a question, mostly for Maeil please.

I've been looking at EJ and spreadsheets till my eyes bleed. It's been over a year since I used rupture in the combat rotation (used to be a staple in BC) so I'll be looking at adjusting glyphs and spec appropriately.

My question is with regards to your hit Maeil. 315 is the cap for poisons. How do you find the miss rate with 253 hit?

Prior to my current setup (it's a total mess!) I was running with 37% arp and Grim Toll to get close to arp cap and over 350 hit. When I got vengeful noose, I felt I had to resort to Blood of the Old God and remove my lovely nitro boots in favor of more hit as for some reason I've got this itch to maintain the poison cap at least. Am I overestimating it's importance?

I would really prefer to go back to using Grim Toll, and Nitro boots, which will sit me at just over 260 hit.

I'm still a little unsure as to whether or not to fully gem for arp. Spreadsheets showed a loss when I switched some gems for arp, but I gained dps when it came to actual testing in raid.

cheers in advance!
Eelusive
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Eelusive

Post 06 Apr 2010 22:40

Hey.

Clearly you're doing something wrong as the poison hit cap with all raid buffs is 236-237. Check your settings on the sheet. Spell hit is about as good as arpen near the cap, so you should always try to have it capped. I have no time to start analyzing your gear for gemming arp but in case you're raiding the recent content I'm almost certain it will be beneficial to gem arp pretty soon.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 06 Apr 2010 23:49

Hmmm that's probably what my issue is then, I was not allowing for full raid buffs, being that I don't get a chance to raid 25's very often.

Cheers :)

Post 12 Apr 2010 12:17

Hey, I have a question regarding adding rupture into my rotation.

I've noticed that both Maeil and Rakez have changed their main spec to blood splatter and the rupture glyph, however with all armor penetration gems rupture doesn't get its best effects.

I understand that rupture compared to melee attacks (with armor pen) is a really small portion of overall dps, but my question is that do you find it better to use rupture+full armor pen gems than rupture + agility gems?

Also, Maeil and Rakez do you mind explaining your rupture rotations?
When I try it out on the dummy, I'm using 2CP SnD, and 5CP rupture, and repeat because by the time i finish off with rupture, a 2CP SnD would have about 4 seconds left, which is perfect to do another 2CP. However, I always get extra energy of about one sinister strike, what are your rotations?

Thank you very much.

Post 13 Apr 2010 11:14

hello, i have some questions.
1. the correct rotation is 3 SnD & 5 Rupture?
2. if i don't have DBW, go with 50% arp and with Needle-Encrusted Scorpion, or full arp http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... n=Anthonny
3. in raid use any potions, haste or tea?
4. what enchant i use on boots? (minor+stam or crit+hit or ap), food? arp or ap

Post 13 Apr 2010 14:44

Hello! I am Desinghit rogue of the Spanish kingdoms. C'thun. I see this forum and also I want to help and to be helped =)

This it is the correct rotation, also one can with 2 SnD.
The improvement of your Dps always will be of ARP. and later Haste.
The Break is used if you have a cat or a warrior arm(assemble) in raid, 30 % increases your Rupture.

In boots and gloves it is charmed with what more you need for the Cap of hit principally, later Crit or Ap.

The scorpion is nice that you equip it until you do not have any more Arp. And rupture also interests more Crit and the scorpion has it.

Show restraint equally, you use Arp, once the CAP (+o- 95 %) xD Haste I use. Also you can Cap Hit or expertirse with food.

To correct myself if I have got confused.
srry, i do not speak English good xD

Post 13 Apr 2010 19:55

In your Lich King video i saw Maeil use rupture pretty often is that optimal for a combat rogue's rotation since 3.3.3?

Post 14 Apr 2010 20:49

Hi, I saw that some addon tells you that Rakez used ToT on you, can you tell me which addon does this? Thanks

Post 15 Apr 2010 02:57

Honzales wrote:Hi, I saw that some addon tells you that Rakez used ToT on you, can you tell me which addon does this? Thanks

It's Trick or Treat.