Rogue discussion

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 17 Mar 2010 15:50

Haven't tried the TAIJ myself but according to several simulations the trinket aint as good as it might look like, however the trinket is probably in BiS setup due to the low amount of hit in other items available in same iLvl.

I'll probably end up using TAIJ or WFS and DBW myself.

TAIJ: Tiny abomination in a jar
WFS: Whispering fanged skull
DBW: Deathbringer's will

Post 24 Mar 2010 22:26

What do you guys think about the new patch changes , is it worth getting rupture in our rotation again or not ? :)

Post 25 Mar 2010 00:38

According to Aldriana's spreadsheets it should be a 150-300 dps upgrade to switch to a high rupture rotation. The assumption here is that the fight doesn't involve much movement so evi-based specs might still be better for some fights. I'm finding the high rupture rotation a bit more difficult than before, but certainly workable. Loss of the tricks glyph however is unfortunate.

The spreadsheet can be found in the EJ rogue forums. I have linked it earlier in this very thread.

Edit: Actually I have not linked it anywhere, so here it is
http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t39136-comb ... ted_3_3_a/

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 26 Mar 2010 23:21

Hi there, major gratz on world 1st LK HC.

Now to the point, i changed recently to Rupture glyph and Blood Spatter, but im having some problems with the rotation too, as sometimes i find myself having 3/4 secs left on S&D and Rupture, i always prioritize S&D and then for the next 6/7 secs my Rupture is down untill i have another 5 comb pts to get it up.

Am i prioritizing wrong? Whats the best cycle u guys have found to be the most efective so far using Rupture?

Hope u can help me, and once again gratz :)

Post 27 Mar 2010 01:06

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... C3%A0fitte

For the past few months I've been working very hard to optimize my Dps. However, I've come to a rut. I'm stuck roughly 6% from ArP hard-cap (With food buff) and left with no way to hit it without sacrificing my much needed stats ( i.e. Exp and Hit) My armory shows that I've already given up as much of the before mentioned stats as I would have liked to, do to the fact I'm 1 point under Exp. cap and just barely scraping Hit cap with talents. Later this week I intend on dropping a large amount of gold on leveling JCing for gems, but according to RawR I'm still just under the limits. I currently do around 8k Dps on most ICC 25 encounters, and close to 11k on the fights that favour melee. I was hoping you guys would be able to help me figure out which pieces of gear I should sacrifice to bring me closer to ArP Cap, and what stats I should really be investing in to give me the push I need to increase my Dps. Any Help is appreciated.

On a side note, huge grats on Herioc LK!

*Update* Managed to fixed my Exp. And ArP should be finished off by JCing, what stat should I focus on After Cap. And should I raise my hit?
Last edited by Làfitte on 28 Mar 2010 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

Post 28 Mar 2010 01:31

hey, whats the best combat rotation to be doing these days snd > evis wise - havnt played combat in a while but bored of mut end game raider havnt rly played rogue that long tbh but yea... whats the best rotation i could be going with for combat

Post 28 Mar 2010 02:02

Who pulls out on top? your arp combat rogues or ap combat rogues?

Post 28 Mar 2010 03:03

Berettaa wrote:Who pulls out on top? your arp combat rogues or ap combat rogues?

Through all my experience, ArP combat will always beat AP

Skepticx wrote:hey, whats the best combat rotation to be doing these days snd > evis wise - havnt played combat in a while but bored of mut end game raider havnt rly played rogue that long tbh but yea... whats the best rotation i could be going with for combat

I normally start out with a 1 point SnD and move to a 5 CP Evis, after that Evis when SnD is 7 seconds or greater, and refresh SnD everytime has 5 seconds or left. If you want a more in depth guide, go look at the EJ Rogue pocket guide.

Post 28 Mar 2010 09:14

Hello, I'm not going to be holding any hands here on gearing as there are spreadsheets around which do that for you (see my last post for links, you'll need openoffice or excel to open it). There's also a pretty decent java app that does the same thing on the elitist jerks rogue forums. Generally though going for expertise / hit after reaching the arp cap is the way to go. Arp vs AP still favors Arp heavily, as even though rupture is now the main finisher, it still isn't a huge part of your dps and most of your attacks still benefit from armor penetration.

Basically high rupture rotations might be the better way to go right now as they buffed it in the recent patch, but in case you still want to play evisc based specs (which by no means are bad) you'll want to keep snd up and only do 5 point eviscerates. The number of combos used on snd is 5 if you can pool them within 3-4 seconds of snd dropping, if you can't you just refresh it with the amount of combo points you have at the moment it's about to drop.

On the question about rupture rotation, I think you might be doing too big SNDs. Aldriana's spreadsheet shows that the optimal snd for my gear should be around 3-4 points and anything over that is basically too much as you need to refresh it before using another rupture anyway. However, you should rather refresh SND when you cap on energy even if it has time left to achieve the highest amount of rupture uptime possible. The main thing is that your snd still is big enough for you to do another one before it drops. You should look into aldriana's sheet for optimal rotations for your own gear and go on from there. From what I hear his high rupture modeling isn't perfect, but it should be accurate enough.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 28 Mar 2010 12:06

I got a question regarding glyphing.

I see all you (combat) rogues have decided to replace the TotT glyph with Rupture. Do you have a specific reasoning behind this choice?

As the TotT glyph gives a 2% overall damage increase (3% unglyphed, 5% glyphed) on the TotT'ed target if used every CD, isn't that quite much stronger - in terms of total raid dps - than for example the Sinister Strike glyph? Wouldn't it then be wiser to replace SS glyph with the Rupture glyph, and keep the TotT one?

Thanks