Rogue discussion

Re: Rogue discussion

Post 22 Jul 2010 00:37

just a fast question to Maeil.
I have watched the world first Professor movie, and I'm really wondering what Combo Points addon you use.
It looks really awesome and I would like it aswell. :3

Post 22 Jul 2010 00:52

He was using two addons..

The number in the midle of the screen was Blink's Roguehelper, and the combo points are UIM:ComboPoints.

Post 27 Jul 2010 13:15

I have a quick question, Why should rogues go for 100% arp equal to 1360 passive + foodbuff, when we have Sunder thats 20% and Faerie Fire that is 5%, so wouldn't it be better to go for 75% and rest put in haste/ap/hit?

Post 27 Jul 2010 13:37

Esiron wrote:I have a quick question, Why should rogues go for 100% arp equal to 1360 passive + foodbuff, when we have Sunder thats 20% and Faerie Fire that is 5%, so wouldn't it be better to go for 75% and rest put in haste/ap/hit?

Because it doesn't quite work like that.

See this post for details on how arpen works with Sunder Armor and Faerie Fire.

Post 27 Aug 2010 16:34

Hello there. I'm muti rogue.
If you have time i'd like to get advices and such. Because i'm perfectionist in game and IRL.
Mostly I'd like to get up my dps.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... ng&cn=Qraa
25 Saurfang -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9lld ... 869&e=3108
Rotation goes usually garrote > 4cp > snd > hfb > muti > muti > 4cp > enve. This I do whole fight. Usually use Potion of speed with BL dunno isn't waste or not.
Comments, right gems, enchants etc. Don't mind about my professions soon will go with JC/Engi.

Post 27 Sep 2010 19:14

Hey there, curious as to which addon Maeil uses to track the other rogues Tricks cooldowns?

Post 21 Dec 2010 10:54

Newb question but it's very important for me atm, is kick dodgeable/parry? Because I've saw some melee dps plate users, with 26 expertise and rogues assassination with 3 or 8 of expertise.

Post 24 Dec 2010 16:08

Ivanoize wrote:Newb question but it's very important for me atm, is kick dodgeable/parry? Because I've saw some melee dps plate users, with 26 expertise and rogues assassination with 3 or 8 of expertise.

Kick should be dodgeable/parryable and even blockable. The reason plate useers have expertise cap and us rogues don't is purely a dps reason. Say Fury for example really wants to get expertise capped so they get more rage. Whereas we don't really need it because of the Envenom buff and the energy refund for missed/dodged/parried attacks.

Post 21 Jan 2011 10:54

Hello rly i dont know why to put 20 agility and 20 mastery to gem when the socket bonus is 10 haste or 10 mastery and dont put 40agility when agility gives more dmg at poisons :D/And btw what is best trinket Prestor's talisman of machination(normal) or the key to the endless champer when the 1710agility procs from the key to the endless champer i can cri envenom 51k criti with cold blood /My problem is i loose much burst because my deadly poison dont stuck fast at the boss :( i have 1.40 off hand dagger with (409.5 dmg per second)

Post 21 Jan 2011 13:18

You usually shouldn't go for any socket bonuses which aren't agility, and sometimes even those aren't worth it. You still need 1-2 for some meta gems. I for example have some mastery hit gems in my leggings because I need more blues than reds for my meta, and the smallest dps loss I can get away with is trading 40 agility to 40 mastery and 20 agi from the bonus.

In theory, prestor should be better overall, but in practice I think the key might be pretty much on par with the added benefit of burstier damage. I wrote more on that here.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.