How to do good aoe in Mop

How to do good aoe in Mop

Post 06 Nov 2012 23:00

Dear Paragon!
I have only 1 question. I am playing now as an assasination rogue in MOP i play pretty good with it the my dps is good nearly on all boss. The only problem is that the perfect way how to aoe is still not clear to me. Should i use fok or crimson t. more? How to attack the main target should i still use slice and dice and rupture? Only use fok once or till it applyes the poison on everyone and then only crimson t.?
Yours faithfully
Jaqenhqhar

Re: How to do good aoe in Mop

Post 08 Nov 2012 15:20

Not from Paragon but just a few points:

-The exact number of targets needed for FoK to be worth using is unconfirmed. Icy Veins says 7+, but I would take that lightly.

-When you say using *just* Tempest, I assume you mean building CPs using single target rotation? That probably isn't viable since for CT to be worth using, FoK would probably also be worth using, so FoK/CT is likely the best aoe rotation.

-Similar to the last point, if FoK/CT are worth using, you may not want to bother keeping SnD/Rupture up, since the
energy you use putting them up could have been used better for aoe (though the energy gained from Venomous Wounds might make a difference).

-It might be possible that if there are only a few targets (say 3 or 4), it might be good to use FoK to apply poisons but then continue with single target rotation, but again not enough testing has been done to confirm this.

Overall, as I'm sure you can see, there needs to be a little more testing before we can say for sure what's good/bad. Hope this helped anyway.

Re: How to do good aoe in Mop

Post 08 Nov 2012 23:19

Yeah thank you that helped me a lot. I have only one problem. Yes i use FoK mor than once when a bigger group comes and at 5cp i use tempest but as you said rupture's venomous wounds gives energy so i am still confused that should i only use the 2 ape abbilotoes or sometimes rupture too because of the energy. I am still testing it too and my dps always changes either way. Btw thanks again for your reply and for any new replies if there will be any.
Sincerely
Jaqenhqhar