Rakez (Diahi) troll race

Rakez (Diahi) troll race

Post 20 Nov 2011 15:55

Hello. Can you tell me please why did you change your goblin race to troll? Isn't it because of Hagara and such bosses where you must push more DPS in short time period?

Thx you.

Re: Rakez (Diahi) troll race

Post 21 Nov 2011 11:13

Berserking was proven to give energy regeneration unlike the goblin racial 1% attack speed, thus in theory trolls yield more dps. Still, if you can fully utilize goblin jump even once in a fight it will most likely beat any racial there is. I think that I can personally manage with sprint, rocket boots and shadowstep.

I'd like to have my boots back though... why would anyone ever want to walk barefooted?

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 21 Nov 2011 13:07

User avatarKyy

Diahi wrote:
I'd like to have my boots back though... why would anyone ever want to walk barefooted?

coz toes are sexy

Hating with passion

Post 21 Nov 2011 13:37

Even if it didn't give energy regen then it is still superior (it is like 1.111*% haste) only the haste is baked into one burst cd which can be very powerful if used with cds.

Are you having problems energy capping? I would imagine you don't use it with AR (correct me if I am wrong).

In terms of Goblin Jump, Combat was superior for most fights in 4.2 and it is likely to be the preferred overall spec in 4.3 (I haven't been on the PTR but see: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/102 ... ed-to-know !), and with Sprint having such a low cd due to RB, then Goblin Jump is quite sitational.

Goblin jump can be great. I used to be Horde and used it all the time in t11 (jumping over fire trails on Atramedes, back onto Platform on Nef, to negate wind burst on Al Akir). In t12 there are not that many fights it is useful. I suppose running away from Rageface or kiting meteors. I am not sure about 4.3 but I am sure that with Sprint having a 20 second cooldown, we will be ok :)

Post 21 Nov 2011 15:10

Yet in theory, goblins were better before with Rocket Barrage amounting to like 70 dps. It's actually not that hard to weave in with us not being GCD capped (excluding combat). Those calculations didn't take stacking of cooldowns into account though.

And for the spec choices, there will be a detailed guide coming from us in a few days. Combat will not be the favourite =)

EDIT: It's out!

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 05 Dec 2011 12:23

How long till the dps guides :O?!

Post 06 Dec 2011 01:10

It's been out for more than a week now :p
http://www.paragon.fi/guides/rogue-guid ... rmal-modes

Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 06 Dec 2011 12:37

haha, read it already was just half a sleep when i posted that :)