@ Rakez/Rogue H Rag

@ Rakez/Rogue H Rag

Post 27 Sep 2011 19:43

Our guild is having issues with Heroic Rag dps on the molton seeds. Being a rogue it seems pretty difficult to get good AOE on these guys without getting destroyed by them. FOK even glyphed barely reaches the front of the pack.Tried evasion then KS into them but didn't seem to work well either Do you have any times to best help the raid out and do some AOE damage on these guys?

Re: @ Rakez/Rogue H Rag

Post 27 Sep 2011 19:59

We run such aoe-heavy compositions on the boss that I really don't need to help on the molten elementals. You should probably aim to do the same, I bet there are lot of things for your aoe classes to improve on.

I guess what you could do is stand away from the group and blade flurry your elemental down / go fok the pack of elementals if you don't get one dropped on yourself. They fixate to the target they drop on, until they die or their target gets killed. When I tried this myself I needed AR and/or evasion to survive it alone but with the recent nerfs to their hp values I think it might be doable without them as long as you take as little damage from the explosion as possible.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 27 Sep 2011 20:01

ok thank you very much. From watching your videos and looking through logs I didn't think there was much AOE use for rogues during this fight.

Post 08 Nov 2011 08:28

Diahi wrote:They fixate to the target they drop on, until they die or their target gets killed.

Either this has been changed (which I doubt) or this works different on 10man than 25 (which I doubt even more) OR it's just plain RNG (which seems improbable), but in our 10 man attempts on hc ragna, I've had around 10-15 pulls out of the ~140 that we took for our first kill, that I haven't had an elemental fixate on me. All of them just run past me into the rest of the raid (and no, there's no chance the add would've been killed before it reached me, because for the first seeds I'm standing right next to them for our SPs mind sear).

Post 12 Nov 2011 00:14

As far as I know, Rakez statement is accurate. They do not always drop on you, so perhaps on those 10-15 pulls you just didn't get one dropped on you. In a 10 man only 8 drop, so that seems like a proper percentage.

Tekloth wrote:
Diahi wrote:They fixate to the target they drop on, until they die or their target gets killed.

Either this has been changed (which I doubt) or this works different on 10man than 25 (which I doubt even more) OR it's just plain RNG (which seems improbable), but in our 10 man attempts on hc ragna, I've had around 10-15 pulls out of the ~140 that we took for our first kill, that I haven't had an elemental fixate on me. All of them just run past me into the rest of the raid (and no, there's no chance the add would've been killed before it reached me, because for the first seeds I'm standing right next to them for our SPs mind sear).