Change way of playing. Clicker ---> Keybindings.

Re: Change way of playing. Clicker ---> Keybindings.

Post 14 Oct 2011 10:10

User avatarSuperfunk

Thank you Kyylol. This is great link.

Post 29 Oct 2011 00:47

Everyone is going to play differently. If you use the games normal action bars to begin with, you'll 1st see that you don't even use the mouse that much except for moving the camera angle. If your movement keys are A W D, Q&E to strafe, and S for moving backwards. Then, your right hand is free from the mouse to press the number keys for your attacks. I use them all. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,= Then I use the 2nd action bar above it, and bind F1 through F12, that will cover almost everything. So keeping it simple, left hand steers, right hand attacks, and jumps to mouse once in awhile for movement adjustments. Start there. See how it goes. GL!!!! Von

Post 05 Nov 2011 15:52

I couldn't imagine playing without a mouse.

Post 18 Nov 2011 14:38

Having a decent mouse (e.g. a naga) with some buttons you can bind abilities too really helps.

Alternatively, you can bind strafe to 1 and 2 on your naga so you move, strafe and turn with your mouse, then have your other hand focussed on abilities.

When you change from clicking to keybinding, just start with one or two abilities, maybe ones you do not have to use that often (e.g. an interrupt, or a cooldown. Then slowly start binding more and more abilities. You can make a full change in a few hours if you focus and practice on a dummy but if you raid regularly and don't want to have to get used to all of the changes at once in a live evironment, then change over a few days or week.

However, do it asap :)

Post 22 Nov 2011 11:34

User avatarSuperfunk

So... YES! After a long long looooong practice in bg,s and solo i can say that i am in good lvl with keybindings. First days it was so hard and i can say that sometimes i say to my self "oh my god this is so hard, just stay a clicker!) But, day by day i started to love keybindings and at the and i hated clicking. Now i am 95% keybinding player and my skills are realy good. No deaths in raids cause of looking bars to click and ignore fire in my feets.

As a clicker 3 years and keybinding player for 3 months the only thing i can say is ...Keybindings are PRO.

ps: thanks all for help in carent topic.

/wave

Superfunk