Rag 25 Heroic

Rag 25 Heroic

Post 28 Aug 2011 08:35

Hi Rakez,

After reading Paragons article about Heroic Rag ( http://www.paragon.fi/guides/ragnaros-2 ... tegy-guide ) I was wondering if you could explain a bit more in detail your job as a sweeper? What did it encompass, how you found best to complete that task, and any other tips you might have for not screwing it up in general.

Thanks in advance

Re: Rag 25 Heroic

Post 30 Aug 2011 22:01

Hey,
the sweeping process is all about map awareness and communicating with the 2 other sweepers. We have pre-assigned parts of the room that each sweeper tries to handle to the best of their ability but often call for help if there's a bigger patch that you are having trouble clearing. Having engineering and rocket boots is a must. Sweepers don't take damage from anything so getting a rocket fuel leak isn't the end of the world.

Basically what I do when the last phase starts is pop AR straight away,clear my stacks right after the patch of frost spawns while still avoiding a geysir spawn. This should leave enough time for me to survive with cloak until I manage to get the deluge buff. It's critical to get the deluge almost instantly, as the start is always the hardest part. This is where I use my rocket boots to get it and sprint to the nearest dreadflame that is in my assigned zone. If I get a meteor chase I often ask for some ranged sweeper to knock it off as my 3 second bow cast time isn't the most attractive option.

If everything has gone well you should have the first 2 dreadflame spawns under control. The timer on that spawn gets drastically shorter at some point of the fight but at this point you still have some time to either help kill a meteor or nuke the boss to shorten your sprint cooldown. You should keep in mind that you are responsible for a pretty big area so always prioritize sweeping over everything else. The flames can be a bit hard to see sometimes so you should ask the other players to locate them aswell. If you see the dreadflame spawn animation you can stand on it and prevent it from ever spreading. When possible you can use tricks on some dps and trigger them with your throwing weapon or bow.

We usually have someone call a point in time when the flames start to overrun the sweepers. At this point we move closer to the raid and prioritize a small area around it over everything else. I think here it's often best to have 2 of the sweepers make a route for the tank / raid for roots and new patches while the third circles around the raid. If the flame spreads into the frost patch where your raid is standing have one of your sweepers call out that they will handle it (often the one whose sweeping zone is closest to the raid). The group that has flame under it moves out while the sweeper moves in. Problem solved.

The fight gets pretty hectic in the end and you often need to improvise a bit. The boss can be kited for a very long time with the sweepers if needed.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.