combat or assasination

combat or assasination

Post 08 Aug 2011 17:46

Hey Rakez

i have a question about which spec has more dps some players told me depends on fight its true

im playing combat but doing 13 k dps on heroic dummy and as assasination doing 19 20 k dunno there is something wrong im doing right rotation check my armory plz if u can http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... tep/simple

i know i need some enchants, check the reforges is good or gems plz tell me

Thanks , sorry for my bad english :P

Re: combat or assasination

Post 08 Aug 2011 21:35

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/ for gear.
My signature for instructions on playing the specs.
It all depends on the fight and your current gear.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 09 Aug 2011 09:31

Hey again

in this site i use auto reforge all and do them like he said ?

Post 09 Aug 2011 17:47

Hey

How can i know which boss need combat or assasination ?

thanks

Post 25 Aug 2011 02:18

Spec is gear based 90% of the time. What can you play better and which are you geared for.

The only clear-cut winner for combat / assassin is Major Domo, where the cleave reins supreme. It is possible to use combat for every other fight, and is possible to use Assassin for Domo.

The only other fight where there is a minor advantage Combat vs Assassin is Alystrazor when flying, where assassin proves to be very good due to the nature of haste with each spec. As I previously said, it is possible to play either spec on any fight, some will have their preferences depending on the nature.

However if you are new to shadowcraft (and more so confused as to why it's telling you to reforge your gear - Most rogues these days use shadowcraft but understand enough of the stat weights and caps that it makes sense to them) I would hazard a guess that it would make minimal difference at your current playing standards.

Tl:dr - Play what you are geared towards / can play the best. - I'm not going to bother mentioning Subt.