Dear Rakez,

Dear Rakez,

Post 18 Sep 2009 03:29

Your DPS is insane. I love it. Keep up the good work.

When I looked at your armory, I saw two fast axes. I'm currently mut, and haven't paid any attention to combat in a while, so I just wanted to know if that is what you are truly using, and if so, why is it better than fast/slow?

Also, is this better than fist/dagger, sword/sword, etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Dact

Re: Dear Rakez,

Post 18 Sep 2009 07:57

Hello, these weapons aren't what I'm usually using in raids. For both mutilate and combat it's best to have a slow/fast combo. I'm still waiting for some real weapon to actually drop but for the moment I'm stuck with the Masticator / Stygian Bladebreaker =) .

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 18 Sep 2009 16:16

I didnt want to open new topic, so I'll use this one to ask something thats on my mind for a while.
Its between 18/51/2 against 15/51/5 spec. Would putting 3 points in vile poisons and leaving 2 in relentless strikes give better dps?
Second question is - is that tier 9, that ure currently wearing, really an upgrade? I know that tier 9 from 25 man hard modes is not so huge upgrade, and that one is a little "weaker" than 25 man hard mode.
Is it better for us, rogues now to get offset items, like Hood of Lethal Intent, and such? Would that give us better dps burst?
Thanks in advance, and since I just registered on ur forum-Grats on everything u accomplished so far. Just keep doing like u do :)

Post 18 Sep 2009 17:12

Looking at the spreadsheets both 15/51/5 and 18/51/2 give quite similar results. 15/51/2 seems to be around 10-20 dps ahead of the vile poison variant. I prefer 5 points in relentless strikes just because it makes a cycle so much easier to sustain thus making raiding lot more enjoyable.

At the moment I'm wearing the 258 ilvl helmet and 3x 245 ilvl t9 set pieces. You will have to check a sheet for your gear, but I gained about 150-200 dps from switching my t8 pieces to 4t9 according to the latest sheet.

Currently the best-in-slot gear for rogues uses 4xt9.258 and the gloves from 10 man heroic faction champions. However, the 258 set is near-impossible to attain so items like the hood you mentioned might be worth checking out.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.

Post 18 Sep 2009 17:39

Thanks for quick answer, I really appreciate. Well, to be honest, for my guild, 25 man hard modes are impossible for now, we just downed 1st two bosses on HM 25 man, so I doubt I will soon see best t9 items. Offset items are chest from Twins, leggs from beasts hard mode 10 man, dusktalker shoulders that u get from badges, and hood of lethal intent that u also get from badges. I read that we would benefit more from that offset items, then even with best tier 9 set.But ok, since u have Anub HM 25 man on farm, soon ull have all answers :)
Thanks again