Cata rogues

Cata rogues

Post 05 Nov 2010 23:02

Hi guys, i hope you guys are in good shape and ready to kill deathwing in heroic mode :). I have a small question about rogues in cataclysm, i was wondering what spec is the best for Raids (the one which pull the most DPS), and the best rotation to use. Before 4.0.3 i was mutilate but some people told me combat is better so i went this spec, is it true that combat spec is the best for overall boss and raids in cataclysm? (and i mean by that good in tank and spank fights and movement fights) thanks for all the help you can provide.

The 2 main thing i want to know is the best raiding spec and it's rotation

thanks, have a nice day

Re: Cata rogues

Post 05 Nov 2010 23:07

Nobody knows, gotta wait for some EJ calculations. Play what you like, combat is probably the more flexible spec overall while mutilate probably does more damage on single target fights. Both are pretty awful in target switches, you just gotta know the encounters thoroughly to maximize your dps. Rotations are pretty easy to figure out by just looking at the talents for mutilate, combat on the other hand is a bit on the unclear side as using rupture isn't necessarily more dps than eviscerate only.