Rogue Comparisons - Agi or ArP

Rogue Comparisons - Agi or ArP

Post 06 Sep 2009 17:20

Rakez and Maeil appear to be in a unique position to provide data in regards to stat stacking for combat rogues. Each have same MH, similar gear, and similar spec.

Hmmm. Just updated armory of you two this morning and my question is answered. I wanted to hear about dps results with one rogue stacking agi while the other stacked ArP. After seeing latest armory, both are now stacking ArP.

Would you mind sharing the dps results that led you to change to all ArP? Thoughts on 3.2.2 ArP changes?

thanks for any and all help.

-REQ

Re: Rogue Comparisons - Agi or ArP

Post 07 Sep 2009 11:46

Hey!
According to multiple calculations and spreadsheets the arp gems pull ahead agi gems when you reach around 400~ armor penetration from gear with grimtoll or mjollnir runestone as second trinket. Arp also becomes better the more you have it, unlike agility or attack power which increase your dps by flat amount. I myself swapped to arp gems in process of preparing to get rid of my 4 piece bonus from t8 which was the reason to gem agility in the first place.
About the incoming arp nerf, I think the arp is still gonna be good stat to gem if you have a great gear with high amount of arp in it, if not attack power might might be the way to go once again without t8 rupture bonus.

You can try out diffrent gem & gear setups with some of the spreadsheets to see which works the best for you. You can find the spreadsheets in here:http://elitistjerks.com/f78/

Re: Rogue Comparisons - Agi or ArP

Post 07 Sep 2009 13:18

Maeil

Thanks for the reply. I'm still riding that 4 pc bonus, so gems are agi/crit. Plus, I'm still muti since we geared enhancement shammies with fists first. I was all set to jump to ArP when I stumbled across you and Rakez. Seeing one with all agi and one with all ArP made me hesitate before making the switch. Since combat doesn't carry a reputation of a "fun" spec, I thought I had found someone who may have reached similar dps without changing to ArP allowing me to move back to muti easily if combat wasn't my style. Based on your response and change, the dps may have been similar, but not as high with ArP.

Again, thanks for your input and good luck out there.

-REQ