Rogue Race

Rogue Race

Post 16 Oct 2010 19:14

Hello.
I just have one question.
What is the best Horda Race for Pve in your opinion?
I know that Orc and Troll are best just with all new changes i am not sure anymore what is better Haste or Ap :)

Re: Rogue Race

Post 22 Nov 2010 15:40

Goblin ;)

Post 22 Nov 2010 16:05

User avatarmeth

During the Pilgrim week every race is welcome. ;)

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Post 14 Dec 2010 16:43

Hey Rakez, Im here to ask you something theoretical about the horde racials, in the fact Orc, Goblin and Troll, what is the best race for a rogue in a theoric line of discussion, I know goblin has 1% passive Haste and the rocket, trolls have Berserking it's equal 1,11111 haste(see http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26297 ) and the passive 5% damage in beasts, orcs have the attack power + expertise with axes + fists. Thanks for attention!

Post 25 Sep 2011 12:59

User avatarSuperfunk

Testing this in Shadowcraft i saw that the best race atm are Orc - Goblin - Troll...( HORDE ONLY) with last Undead. If you check this you see that we talking about not so much diferent from first Dps to last Dps that undead do. 192 dps in my character

Orc: 25.099 dps
Goblin: 25.059 dps
Troll: 25.053 dps
Blood Elf: 25.022 dps
Undead: 24.907 dps

In the other hand checking Shadowpanther website i see a diferents with NO racial weapon bonus.

Goblin: 111 Maep
Troll: 111 Maep
Orc: 86 Maep (with no Axe Specialization)*
Blood Elf: 49 Maep
Undead: 33 Maep

With Racial weapon bonus, that means Orc with axes or fists are first with 113 Maep.

Guilds like <DREAM Paragon> are always looking for the best. But for normal progress guilds i say, just play what u like.
I am Undead and happy with my dps compare with other same geared but diferent race rogues. I mean that if you see your self low in damage done meters compare with other rogues, doesn't mean that is race promblem.

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com
http://shadowpanther.net/

Post 26 Sep 2011 11:26

Playing an orc is pretty much a gamble though. In my gear you'd get 30 dps more for combat if you had an axe main hand, otherwise it's a 80 dps loss. Now combat *should* be the top spec for single target damage according to shadowcraft but most of the data shown in world of logs for example suggests that subtlety is a bit ahead, which often means that subtlety is what you're going to end up playing.

The other thing is that orcs do not have the utility of the other races which sometimes (though rarely) come into play. If you for example get back into melee range with the goblin jump even a second faster than an orc would, the goblin -- racial which isn't accounted for in the spreadsheets -- makes them vastly superior to anything else. Worgens get the best of both worlds with an extra sprint and the best passive racials. The last thing to keep in mind is that sometimes there are bosses that are beasts (chimaeron and bethilac in this expansion) and on those trolls just tend to be the top damage dealers even if they don't even know what their abilities do, which frankly is pretty stupid.

Combat / Mutilate / Subtlety guides.
Shadowcraft spreadsheet.