Is blood dps dead?

Is blood dps dead?

Post 30 Jul 2010 10:31

So is blood dps dead?

I'm currently blood dps (stacking Arpen) and I pull about 12k dps on fights like saurfang.I'm heroic 10m/reg 25 geared. Now the reason I ask if blood is dead or not for dps is that all I ever see is unholy/frost dks and I out dps them 100%of the time. But I come here and read that dks are pulling 14k+ as unholy. Is it possible for me to up my dpsby 2k and still stay blood?

Blackjackd - Antonidas (sorry about no armory link)

Re: Is blood dps dead?

Post 30 Jul 2010 22:13

Maby you was playing with really bad dks so far.Its pretty easy that unholy and frost are better specces than blood.I really cant find any reason why they couldnt make more dps than u did.

Post 31 Jul 2010 08:50

i have a unholy dk and il do bout 15k dps and its an alt for me which i dont play to often so u must be just playin with bad geared/skilled dks cuse frost and unholy are superior specs if played properly.

Post 01 Aug 2010 18:58

You're most definately playing against bad Deathknights. I heard a rumour that Blood is the best spec for BiS gear but I'm sure that will just stay a rumour.

Unholy and Frost seem "sort of" equal currently, though with Shadowmourne the Unholy dk should pull ahead.

The only real benefit I personally could see by using Blood in current Raid situations is the Hysteria buff.

Feel free to rage at me if I'm wrong.

Post 01 Aug 2010 22:03

User avatardeva

I tried blood with close BiS gear in icc25 and had 100% arp. I was nowhere near frost or uh dk's. So my oppinion is yes, blood is dead.

It's nice to see really big numbers but it can't pull competitive dps against another specs / classes so after that i ditched blood and went for uh.

Mess with the best, die like the rest!

Post 02 Aug 2010 15:15

deva wrote:I tried blood with close BiS gear in icc25 and had 100% arp. I was nowhere near frost or uh dk's. So my oppinion is yes, blood is dead.

It's nice to see really big numbers but it can't pull competitive dps against another specs / classes so after that i ditched blood and went for uh.

Yeah Evultoe tried it out, he's currently in BiS but his dps dropped pretty hard.

Post 04 Aug 2010 09:43

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

Post 07 Aug 2010 14:07