Heroic Spine

Heroic Spine

Post 27 Apr 2012 22:25

Hi all,
My guild is moving onto Spine tonight and I was looking around for some advice as to the spec I should run. I normally run as UH, but I know UH doesn't do too much burst dps (unless Gurth procs with every in sync, in which case I can pull 50k dps give or take), especially compared to DW frost. I was wondering, would 2h frost do decent burst dps or should I just stick with UH? Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... n/advanced Thanks.

Re: Heroic Spine

Post 30 Apr 2012 08:21

Can i ask what raid comp you using? Using classes with more burst or is that jsut your standard roster? and since your just starting why dont you try it? Try unholy then try 2h Frost even though 2h frost might be in between unholy and DW Frost i think it does do decent amounts of burst IF you get the procs you want during that phase. i know our frost dk pulls overall on that fight 38k dps and does hell of a lot damage on the Tendon, we normally end up each tendon at about 30-35% on first lift. But since your just starting try and experiment abit with Specs.

Post 30 Apr 2012 22:00

If you check out the top Spine DPS (10H at least), the top 2 or 3 are Unholy DK's. Check around and look for strategies for your spec on spine before jumping to a different spec.

Post 08 May 2012 01:00

We use our standard roster, but we just lost our spriest so we run Prot War and Pally, DW frost dk, combat rogue (considering having him switch to sub for this but he does have his legendaries), a surv hunter, a resto druid and shammy, a holy pally, a demo lock, and then me (obviously UH most of the time). We got the first plate off a few days ago and I tried both Uh and 2h frost. I actually pulled #1 damage on the tendon, so I'm considering going 2h frost for that.
Edit: sorry it took me so long to reply.

Post 08 May 2012 01:14

To be honest, with the nerfs at this point, it's more about execution than min/maxing your numbers. If people can do anywhere close to 1 million damage per lift then you shouldn't have any issue getting each plate off in two lifts.

It's all about making clean transitions and control at the third plate.

Wyvren wrote:We use our standard roster, but we just lost our spriest so we run Prot War and Pally, DW frost dk, combat rogue (considering having him switch to sub for this but he does have his legendaries), a surv hunter, a resto druid and shammy, a holy pally, a demo lock, and then me (obviously UH most of the time). We got the first plate off a few days ago and I tried both Uh and 2h frost. I actually pulled #1 damage on the tendon, so I'm considering going 2h frost for that.
Edit: sorry it took me so long to reply.

Post 09 May 2012 20:51