Unholy DK ghoul on Madness HC

Unholy DK ghoul on Madness HC

Post 28 Mar 2012 23:20

Hi there!

I have a simple question that maybe looks dumb, but I just rerolled to Unholy DK from prot paladin, so I need some tips from the experienced DK's. My problem is that my ghoul keeps dying in Madness HC, I think the bloods or the parasite's AoE kills it. Sometimes it doesn't die, but it won't attack the arm/wing tentacle, instead just runs down from the platfrom. THis is kinda annoying with the cooldown on summoning it. Any kind of advice, tip would be welcome:)

Re: Unholy DK ghoul on Madness HC

Post 29 Mar 2012 00:15

I've read spamming pet follow while you're jumping can help. Also read something briefly about dismissing your pet as you're jumping and then resummoning when you're landing. Supposedly it keeps your ghouls stacks.

Keep in mind, I have not tried either of these; they are just things I've read.

Post 29 Mar 2012 05:04

Joker, the real issue is that it dies to parasite explosion, or geting melee hits from mutated corruptions (If using a Shadowpriest soaking technique).

I had a similar issue as a hunter. My pet always die when we make parasite explode near the mutated corruption on the 4th platform. (Same thing could happen sometimes on the second parasite of the first three platforms). So i had to actually make it run to me during a short window of time and sending him back after explosions.

However, I do not experience the pet not willing to dps the arms or wings. I hope you find a fix to it :-)

Post 29 Mar 2012 23:32

Ah, well if it's a matter of it dying from AoE, pull it away from the AoE for a moment or two while you can heal it up. Or, if your healers are nice enough, maybe they will heal him for you during those phases.

Post 30 Mar 2012 11:40

I've tried some methods in LFR yesterday. Dismissing before jumping between platforms seems to work, the ghoul was resummoned automatically on the new platform, and didn't put the CD on Raise Dead.

As on LFR there are no parasites, there was no further problem in phase 1. However, in pase 2 the ghoul was disaapeared once, but I think, the tanks taunted the freshly spawned Elementium Terrors, and one of it could melee the ghoul down.

Post 05 Apr 2012 01:35

jokerfmj wrote:IAlso read something briefly about dismissing your pet....

though you can "dismiss" the ghoul, it takes 40 RP + you have to have less than 100% health to do so. not really a reliably tacticimho. id rather use the rp/ghoul sac on dps/emergecies.

Post 05 Apr 2012 07:58

Screedy wrote:
jokerfmj wrote:IAlso read something briefly about dismissing your pet....

though you can "dismiss" the ghoul, it takes 40 RP + you have to have less than 100% health to do so. not really a reliably tacticimho. id rather use the rp/ghoul sac on dps/emergecies.

We aren't talking about Death Pact. Right-click on you pet's unitframe, then dismiss. It's free, and in Madness, the pet will be resummoned automatically after jumping to a new platform (it won't put cooldown on your Summon Ghoul spell).

Yesterday I could test the tips in the real HC Madness environment. Seems like dismissing pet and putting passive at each platform's first parasite works, I did 20k+ dps more than last week.

Post 05 Apr 2012 12:22

nice, i didn't know that. will make it easier come madness. :)

sorry for thye misunderstanding /