I'm playing Unholy pve 2h and i have a one question:
Stats preference Dk
Strength > hit cap > haste > crit > mastery > expertise

or

Strength > hit cap > haste > mastery > crit > expertise

Re: Unholy Question

Post 18 Dec 2011 19:00

Strength > hit cap > haste > crit > mastery > expertise

due to the fact that they've fixed the ghoul now properly inherit our crit.

Post 27 Apr 2012 21:57

It's strength>hit>haste>crit>mastery>expertise IF you don't have Gurthalak and the 4 set bonus from tier 13. If you have Gurthalak and the 4 set, it's strength>hit>haste>mastery>crit>expertise

Post 30 Apr 2012 08:17

Can i ask why you would go for mastery if you got 4 Piece and Gurtha? Just wondering because from 4 piece you have almost 700 mastery present all the time and mastery doesnt scale with gurtha'laks damage or does it? or does the more damage your diseases do have an increased damage affect on the tentalce spawn? I've got Unholy offspec and cant say i play it that much unless aoe is a better choice for certain bosses (yorsajh) and im going Strength > Hit > Haste > Mastery > Crit > Exp. I do believe if i were to go crit in place of mastery i might get a slight damage increase from scourge strike and abilities overall but i personally think Scourge Strike would be the most affected spell if crit was in place for mastery, im not starting in kind of debate im just wondering :)

Post 30 Apr 2012 21:58

I don't play Unholy, so take this for what it's worth...

With Gurth, mastery edges out crit (I don't know exactly why.) To further this, the 4P stacks mastery, so Gurth just makes it more worthwhile. Unholy mastery increases shadow damage, so your Scourge Strike will benefit more from mastery than crit (the shadow portion of it at least.)

Post 01 May 2012 14:46

The proc from Gruthalak benefits from mastery :)