4.3 Unholy Vs DW Frost

4.3 Unholy Vs DW Frost

Post 12 Dec 2011 10:31

Hey,
I was just wondering with the new 5% Str buff to unholy and the 'crit' fix for Timmy is Unholy a viable spec to use again and can it compete with Dw Frost? I've been reading and I've been getting x is better etc so I was just wondering if anyone could give me a decent answer on which is the 'better' spec to use?
*Note: I see Syntii having a UH spec does this mean he switches out specs depending on fights?
Thanks for reading.

Re: 4.3 Unholy Vs DW Frost

Post 12 Dec 2011 12:33

Unholy.

Post 13 Dec 2011 16:26

i myself is going to take off the tanking spec and go unholy/frost cause i got tired of tanking on my dk. i heard that unholy does more damage than frost dw, unholy helps alot on the encounters like ultraxion due to its AMZ, the shield does work perfectly. im going back to unholy/frost today cause, its time to move on Lol.

Post 13 Dec 2011 22:02

User avatartonza222

On my opinion Unholy is way more better than DW or 2h frost.

Post 28 Dec 2011 20:23

According to the Simcraft (Of course this is just the Simcraft, dps also depends on the fight, RNG, and player skill), unholy and DW frost are pretty even. I play unholy since we already have a frost dk in the group, so the Ebon Plague plus the AMZ help.

Post 28 Dec 2011 21:51

User avatarzYN

Both are garbage, sadly enough. Pretty much as bottom tier as it gets with shitty scaling as you get more gear. Roll an alt and you'll be able to do significantly more.

With that said, if you've got the 2H sword from Madness, it makes Unholy decent. Every other weapon is crap. If you've got good DW weapons, then DW frost is quite OK. AMZ has its uses, as does the improved AMS for UH on fights such as Ultraxion (assuming you don't have to soak the blast, it's like an extra +2k DPS or something).