DPS DK professions

DPS DK professions

Post 15 Feb 2010 16:38

Hi Guys, Greetz from Germany!

First GZ to your Raid Success (I´m sry for my english, it´s not very good :-D)

I´m playing a DK with DPS and Tanking Build.
Now i want to change my second profession. My 1st profession is jewelcrafting.
I´m not sure, which profession is best for DPS DK. Blacksmithing gives me 2 more sockets (40 strength). Engineering gives me every 45 secs the haste from the gloveenchant.
I think with better gear the engineering will bring more dps or not?
My tanking build would profit from blacksmithing with 2 mote sdtamina gems, but that doesn´t matter. I´m interest in the DPS build.
So which profession would you take?

Thanks a lot for your Answers!!

Re: DPS DK professions

Post 15 Feb 2010 20:16

Sources such as Elitist Jerks would say Haste is a better enchant.. Why? Everything a DK uses is Instant-attack/spell. So, don't fuck with haste. Get Jewelcrafting for the 40 Strength increase.

Oh, Agi. on the cape too. No hasters please.

Post 15 Feb 2010 21:55

User avatarzYN

Engineering >>>> JC > BS > rest.

Post 15 Feb 2010 22:58

Engineering is that good? I was just in it for the rocket boots.

Post 16 Feb 2010 07:40

Engineering is much more than rocket boots. These will give you 24 crit + the boost. There are the glove enchants: 1st: activate 340 haste every 45 sec for 12 sec, 2nd: for tanks 885 armor on gloves.
And there are more things nice to have like Jeeves, Moll-e, and the AH in Dalaran.

I have JC as 1st profession, but i´m not sure if engineering or blacksmithing is better for my dk.
And your right, DKs only have instant attacks, but with this haste buff the autohits will make more dmg (necrosis...) and i´m not sure, bu i think, that the GCDs scale with this haste.

BS will give me 2 more sockets with 2x 20 strength gems and as tank dk 2x 30 stamina.

Both professions are very nice. -.-

Post 16 Feb 2010 09:04

If I'm understanding this correctly, haste will increase your attack speed? If so, I will quit my DK all together. I have always wanted to have engineering. Saronite Bombs would add some DPS as well.

I think Necrosis was just joking around, maybe not, whatever. 885 armor on the gloves, hmm.. I'd rather have 60 extra stamina from Mining. So, that being said, for a DK Tank (Don't do it), and any other tank, it would be best for a 60 more stamina than 885 Armor. Don't forget, Blacksmithing basically will only give a 40 Stamina boost, because you can buy the belt socket regardless of the profession.

My conclusion is:
I've seen sooo many Unholy DK's use Haste instead of Agility on the cloak. Me, I personally use Agility. I also see some DK's with Engineering and the Haste enchant to do the gloves (I even see this with Ret Paladins). Potlol (Potential) from CUTIES ONLY recently switched out Haste for Agility on the cloak. Bah, go with engineering. It's more fun anyway.

Post 16 Feb 2010 09:59

Yes, i think, i´ll take engineering. Btw, The haste on gloves is for Retpalas more interesting than for DKs, becuase in the beginning of the fight they stack their seal very fast 5 times with this haste. So it´s much more dps for Rets, but for DKs it´s very fine, too.

Post 16 Feb 2010 10:02

Engineering would likely be the best melee dps profession even if the only thing it gaves was rocket boots. Save 1 second in a fight moving from one mob to another and you've done more dps with your profession than any other profession can do. Save the rest of the raid from moving when f. ex. a Defile is spawning on you and you've done more dps than all the other professions in the raid can do together... (Not to mention potentially saving the raid from a wipe if someone wasn't paying attention - but that doesn't happen, right?)

Post 17 Feb 2010 00:09

I'm still not understanding what Haste actually does for a DK. Other than casting Army of the Dead faster.