My Blood DK

My Blood DK

Post 07 Dec 2011 11:09

Dear Paragon,

a few days ago i started to play my BLood dk again after months of disliking it cos of failing XD
i kinda did some research and thought of picking up the paste back up in tanking again.

Yesterday i went with my guild to firelands and i still took loads of damage compare to 1 of our main tanks.

especially on Ragnaros where i got 2shotted twice. i was hoping that you could have a look into my stats and gear and maby offer some tips that ivent found yet on neither your forum or anywhere else.

my armory link to my Deathknight is:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... d/advanced

most highly regards,

Ärod/Intripid

Re: My Blood DK

Post 07 Dec 2011 11:50

Hey! I'm also a DK tank, unfortunately im at school atm and have no access to Armory, so with respect to gemming and stats just look at my armory, Name - Syban Guild - Incursion, However for Ragnaros no tank should be getting two shotted! Tips for raggy for dk tanking specifically - Make sure you are using vamparic blood anytime you hit below 50% hp, its got such a short cooldown on it that is barely nothing! Try and ams through Magma Traps and the molten Inferno ( the explosion from the seeds) just to help your healers out there really isnt any need to take extra damage if you can avoid it! Make sure before a pull you have bone shield on aswell with the cooldown of it refreshed so you have two lots of shield one after another. You say you took more damage than your other tank in raid group? Well this may be because that tankm ay have been either a pally or warrior where they have block and critical block where dk's have an absorb shield only temporary so i find that overall dk's do take more damage than other tank classes. But yeah i will have a look when i get home from school at your armory and get back to you.

Re: My Blood DK

Post 09 Dec 2011 13:03

Hey there,

I was checking your post and saw some stuff that you could change IMO on your specc, but First need to know in what kind of runs do you usually end up with your guild.

You usually do 10 or 25 mans? Hc or normal?

if you end up in 10 mans maybe you can give a look on my dk his armory link is Edeathknight.

I think you are skipping very important talents in terms of survival for some that almost always are brought into the mix by other classes (abomination's might is one of those cases, being ImpBT the logical choice imo).

You should also IMO bring your dodge/parry closer, and try to reforge/regem more mast since that is the best stat for blood dk's in 10 mans at least since you are taking constant hits, and you get loads of benefit (up to 20% dmg recieved heals with a minimum of 7% of your HP + an absortion shield from your mastery, i'm getting up to 150ish% of the amount healed as an absortion shield at my current mastery level),, although i don't consider myself an expert.

if you need any clarification feel free to drop by and wisp me ig or in here.