Frost DK - DPS Problems

Frost DK - DPS Problems

Post 18 Oct 2011 06:34

User avatarMonsteramous

I've been having some problems with my DPS, I was only able to pull 12k on Shannox in a FL run that I did a while back. I don't really have a constant rotation, I basically use whatever I can at the time.

I usually open with Icy Touch for single target, Howling Blast for multiple targets. Then I use Plague Strike, and Pestilence. From there I use Death and Decay, then Blood Strike a few times. Next I spam Frost Strike until I'm out of RP, and then use Obliterate when Killing Machine procs.

I manage CDs as well (Raise Dead, Horn of Winter, Empower Rune Weapon, Pillar of Frost).

Is there anything I should change, and also could you guys look at my gear? I'll leave a link to my armory below.

Armory Link
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... r/advanced
Last edited by Monsteramous on 24 Oct 2011 23:11, edited 1 time in total.

Re: My new DK

Post 18 Oct 2011 12:08

first drop the blood strike

diseases are always top priority! keep them up with outbreak, plague strike an howling blast

when your diseases are up simply obliterate as much as you can, unless you're rp capped, if so frost strike, also frost strike when you can't obliterate, use howling blast only if your rime proc'd, unless you have to refresh frost fever...

ofc use your killing machine procs for obliterate, if you have two or less seconds remaining on your obliterate cd dont use frost strike and simply wait for obliterate to come off cd

if you can't do any of the above use horn of winter

Re: My new DK

Post 18 Oct 2011 16:18

I'm gonna throw in a similar opinion as well to make sure you stay comfortable with it.

First of all, drop the blood strike. During pre-cataclysm that might've been a spell you could use in either unholy or the frost specc. Now it's only beneficial for the blood tanks. However, a good rotation shoul start with OB (As this spell is instant and you don't waste any DK resources on it), then simply spam Obiliterate until CD and try to gather as much runic power as possible since you would want to use as many frost strikes as possible before having the opportunity to spam Obiliterate again. The main reason frost is such a good specc combined with unholy presence is the fact that you have two different "step-ins" during the fight. One is called "Rime" and the other is called "Killing machine". Both of which can occur several times within a certain amount of time (Let's say you get killing machine twice in 5 seconds or so). "Rime" is when howling blast and icy touch proccs (I asume you're familiar with the word "proc"). During "Rime" you would want to use howling blast instead of icy touch (OB can replace this free-disease pop on). The other happening is "Killing machine" (although you might not be too comfortable with this word, it have occured for you several times), where Obiliterate and Frost Strike proccs. You would always want to choose a Obi procc over a FS procc. Here's the explenation. Let's say a FS (usually that happens for several players) crits (You're promised a crit according to your talent points) for 29k while the obiliterate would procc for as high as 44k. Better gear compared with awesome trinkets/CD = much higher critts. As I mentioned earlier, the frost specc should be combined with the unholy presence (Fast and high critts = awesomeness)