Tauren - Frost DW DK

Re: Tauren - Frost DW DK

Post 13 Aug 2011 12:54

Well, i use a tauren, only due to the fact that they are best tank race in horde (or with the extra stamina racial) but if im not tanking them i am dpsing, i dont find them all to bad, not so bad on the meters, but orc is by far the best DK race for dps.

Re: Tauren - Frost DW DK

Post 13 Aug 2011 19:47

for leveling through quest I'd go with frost, for instances blood, because of queue times

tanking as dk - it's basically sitting on runes, waiting for damage, then using a death strike. for threat generation you use primarily rune strike, you secondary threat ability is heart strike (always make sure, you'll have enough runes for death strike tho, especially when you have death runes available), when it comes to aoe threat it's easy dnd, when you're facing up to three enemies you'll use heart strike as it is basically a cleave, when you're facing more than three use blood boil. Of course you'll have to use your diseases - blood plague (apply through plague strike) and frost fever (through icy touch), later you can apply them for free through outbreak once a minute, when you're facing multiple mobs you'll just apply diseases to one of them, then use pestilence to spread them (with decreased damage ofc). And most important as DK tank are your CDs, you have quite a wide selection of them at your disposal.

Well, I havent tanked with DK a while, so I suggest you'll go to elitistjerks for more detailed and uptodate info, but I think I have covered the basics