DK Questions, needing assistance

DK Questions, needing assistance

Post 28 Jan 2010 04:32

Hi, question is im having trouble with my dps. I cant figure out why im getting owned by a fury warrior and another dk who are very similar in gear to me. Ive only been able to pull 7.6-8.2k dps and this warrior and other dk are 9-11k, still in top5-10 in 25 mans.

Heres My armory, im alliance unfortunatly, Just got my 4set t10 tonight:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Lillyth

Heres the Warriors armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Frigoff

Heres the other dk's armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... gadarkness

Also do you have any suggestions to spec, or gear i should be trying to get.

My rotation for my spec is:
PS, IT, SS, BS, BS, DC, DC, HoW, SS, SS, BS, BS, DC, DC, PS, IT, SS, BS, BS, HoW, potion of Speed, Gargoyle, Empowered Rune, SS, SS, SS, DC, DC (repeat, minus the gargoyle and speed pot)

Anything that might help inc. my dps would be helpful as im getting frustrated from this as the warrior used to be terrible.

Thanks for your time.

Re: DK Questions, needing assistance

Post 28 Jan 2010 10:21

User avatarzYN

It's because you gear bad and play bad. You haven't even got enough +hit through items and you're not socketing any. Your rotations don't make much sense either tbh - at some points you're not using the death runes but blast away blood strikes, then at some points you're using them with SS.

Personally, if I were doing anything less than 11k single target with your gear, I'd be somewhat embarrassed.

If you want to do better DPS, invest 10-15 minutes of your time to read some basic guide on how not to be bad (ie., on the Elitist Jerks forums). What you're doing right now is just coming for free handouts instead of doing research on your own on why you put out very low DPS.

The above, I bet, is by far the biggest difference between you, the other DK and the "previously terrible" warrior. They invest a bit of time in it because they don't want to be bad, you don't. You're just plain lazy.

It sucks that you're expecting or making "nice people" do the work for you, taking them easily twice as much time to check what's wrong with everything just so that you can save 5 minutes of your own time.

Post 29 Jan 2010 10:01

WoW, thanks for not helping at all, ive checked EJ alot of their guides and shit are not current and im already doing what they say, my rotation has changed also to PS, IT, BS, BS, SS, DC, HoW, SS, DC, SS, SS, DC, repeat with gargoyle after HoW if all my trinkets, and teir procs proced. The previous rotation was given to me by the other dk in last post, and asking for his help is like talking to a deaf person.

Their is nothing wrong with asking a few of the worlds best what they do as dps to better improve myself. I cant get hit gear yet as nothing has dropped yet for us with hit and dont need it as much with a boomkin, and a spriest in my raid, as the other dk i posted in the other post has roughly the same amount of hit as i do, so that doesnt matter.

I'm not making paragon do anything its their choice to have these forums its their choice to answer them so why not ask for help when their offering a service to help less fortunate people, I dont see your same posts on the other dk questions so bite me. You havent helped me at all thanks.

Post 29 Jan 2010 10:46

User avatarzYN

It's different for you to ask for help in some particular thing than to just come here, paste your armory, then just basically say "fix my playstyle." Your DPS so much off the mark of what it should be at that there are some fundamental issues in what you do - there's a good amount of available resources elsewhere to help you with that. To go over the things you're doing wrong would take a very long time as everything points out to the fact that there are a lot of them.

I cant get hit gear yet as nothing has dropped yet for us with hit and dont need it ... so that doesnt matter

Yes, you do need it and yes, it does matter. Even with a guaranteed draenei aura 24/7 on, there is absolutely no reason to sit at below 7% hit and make your melee attacks miss. This is one of those things that you have got fundamentally wrong, yet can't be bothered fixing and after pointing it out, dismiss it as a minor thing. All of those minor things add up. There is absolutely no reason to not socket a gem or two with +hit on some of the yellow slots you have.

If you could look at your post and attitude objectively, you might realize that while I'm obviously somewhat annoyed by you, I still have a point. The resources you have available at EJ are excellent if you're that much off your mark DPS-wise. The guide for Unholy spec is very much up-to-date and current - there are only a few minor points that I disagree with them on and that's it.

Post 29 Jan 2010 11:15

Ok missed the EJ info on hit last time i veiwed the site. Also geming for Hit seems to be a dps loss according to the dk in my guild as he says to just wait for the bracers he has and ill have enough hit, BUT where would u advise putting these hit gems.

So ive got your opinion, the dk in guild, and EJ saying almost different stuff and im confused on which to follow.

Ive done research after your last post on EJ and to my surprise im doing majority of whats posted rotation wise. Changed my rotation to PS, IT, BS, BS, SS, DC, HoW, SS, DC, SS, SS, DC, (DC) repeat also adding gargoyle and a speed pot if all my abilities have proced. I've also asked the dk in my guild since your post his thoughts and responses were: (eh, close, almost) idunno bout you but theirs nothing to go on their, and thats how he'll leave it, leaving me no way to improve. I do research and try to confide in the assholes i raid with and get nowhere which is the reason i make a post on your forums id rather get advice form a top 10 ranked guild in the world over an ass in my guild.

I dont really care if your annoyed with me, i dont know why. Im american i play on a US server where you play on a EU server. You are in a top guild im not, their is nothing wrong with asking for help, where would the world be if know one asked for help, probably in the shitter.

I picked up Kahories DK sim that says i should be 9.5k dps plus and i put in my old rotation and thats what came up so idunno why im not doing what i should be doing. EJ also doesnt have much stuff that states how to improve dps.

Post 29 Jan 2010 12:47

User avatarzYN

Me being annoyed has nothing whatsoever to do with your nationality or anything else, it was mainly the initial attitude which I thought you had.

On the +hit issue, slap an orange or yellow gem anywhere that makes you go over the 7% mark and gives you a socket bonus. It is going to be the absolute best gem in that slot, ever, if you're below the hit cap and can utilize all (or most) of the hit rating. If you run 10-mans that aren't sure to have a draenei in them, going even to 8% isn't bad by any means.

I've never personally had a rotation set in stone that I'd use - it's more of a priority on skill usage. So many things can and will happen in encounters that following a set rotation can hurt your DPS quite a bit. Obviously, it looks like the rotation you posted most of the time, but there's small things like delaying your skills a bit and dumping away an extra death coil if your RP would completely overflow from the next attack.

The other part that DKs in general are doing very poorly are using the cooldown skills. Gargoyle you should put up pretty much instantly when you have your procs on, so that you get to pop it again later on in the fight. You might want to delay it a bit if you're getting Heroism right away at the start. Always pop Army of the Dead pre-pull, macro your pet attack key with "pet: passive, pet:attack" so that they aren't taunting random crap. Keep using your AMS in every fight on stuff that you can get runic power out of, unless you need it for survival. Same with Empowered Rune Weapon - you usually get it once per fight. Save it for a time that you have some +dmg modifiers through the encounter mechanics (such as Blood Queen) or just pop it at the start when you have your trinkets rolling (so that you get to do it again later on).

Other parts that are quite obvious are using flasks and potions, but that you seem to have covered. You could also start popping armor potions pre-pull - that way you get the extra +AP going into the fight and you can still use a haste potion sometime during the fight.

Have you got any WMO-logs or anything else that you can link to see what exactly is happening during the fights where you're not putting out enough damage?

Post 29 Jan 2010 19:36

My brother foound something that is really a noob mistake but, game bugged on me a lil ive had my tank sigil on for past 2 weeks instead of virulence and no one has bother to tell me so thats a bit of a dps loss.

I have a question also regards to my trinkets, is death's verdict/d. choice better than the 10 man trinket off lady Deathwhisperer: Whispering Fanged Skull, or is WFS trinket better dps wise.

Heres overall for last raid:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7kp2 ... amageDone/

Marrogar:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7kp2 ... 286&e=1509

Lady Deathwhisperer:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7kp2 ... 900&e=2187

DBS:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7kp2 ... 336&e=3608

Festergut:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7kp2 ... 290&e=5585

BPrinceC:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7kp2 ... 592&e=6949

Hopefully this will help somewhat in ur guidance.

Post 31 Jan 2010 20:08

Well maybe you should try to look at your wws logs yourself.
I just looked a few seconds and your mistake is quite obvious (speaking at least about the saurfang kill).

Hint: Think about the most crucial thing a DK has to be sure of if he wants to do damage...
and then look at your logs (Damage by spell), especially uptimes

Post 01 Feb 2010 08:59

User avatarzYN

Well Farnion covered everything. You really should consider using an add-on of some sort to track the diseases if you're lacking over 20% of disease uptime on bosses.