Problems with dps Frost DW

Problems with dps Frost DW

Post 31 Mar 2011 02:55

My best regards to your guild and now my question is: What should i do to better my dps,i tried lots of things and couldnt get more then 11k on boss(raid).I will put my link so can you suggest some things i will be very grateful for your help.
Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/mla%C3%B0o/advanced

Re: Problems with dps Frost DW

Post 04 Apr 2011 00:03

I have a frost death knight, and I can tell you that to get the best damage out of frost, your procs are the key here.
With my frost death knight, I've noticed that if I just use Outbreak to drop both diseases down, spam Obliterate until my Howling Blast ability is proc'd, use frost strike (slowly) to dump RP, be careful if frost strike procs as it does not do alot of damage, whereas Obliterate does. Obliterate proc occurs on 5 melee attack hits. Festering Strike is a melee strike, deals lots of damage and keeps diseases up on bosses. This counts towards the Obliterate Proc.

I'm in full purps (359+ gears), maximised damage at 17k - 22k single target. But I am no great player. Will never beat others though :(

Hope was helpful to you.
-Emalee :)

Post 05 Apr 2011 09:42

Tnx for answer it helped me alot,yesterday i was doing 16.5k on all bosses in Stonecore so i think im geting much better sense of playing with DK

Post 05 Apr 2011 10:11

User avatarSaltie

I play a Frost Death Knight for Heroic 25 progression, and let me tell you, if you can stick with it and use the spec to it's maximum capability, you will find it very rewarding and a lot more fun to play than Unholy spec, purly because you have to watch your procs and RP a lot more thank Unholy at the moment.
Here are a few things which can help you get your numbers higher, but please bear in mind it is not always about Dps, as long as your alive and doing your job, your being useful to the raid, worry about survival and utility, then worry about Dps. So i'll start by linking you to my characters' armory page so youc an get a visual idea of the spec and gear i go for. It is a Dual Wield spec despite the visual showing me with a 2 Handed weapon on -_-
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... tie/simple

First thing: Note the spec, I have gone for a free mind freeze, it will help on some progression fights and it means you can use your runic power on Frost Strike andnot have to save it for mind freeze if your on interrupting duty. I have not taken Chillblains for the slowing as Hunters trapping the area are more than capable, but if you have to take Chilblains at the request of your raid leader, drop the free mind freeze.
Procs: In Dual-Wield spec, your Obliterate will be the bulk of your damage. Because of this, if you have a KM proc and an OB is less than 3 seconds away, wait for the OB to use it. If you can't use it on OB or you are RP capped then you can go ahead and use it on Frost Strike. a HB proc can go either way. If you have the Blood Runes spare, and Frost Fever isnt going to drop off soon, leave the HB proc and go ahead and use a Blood Strike. This gives you an extra strike to hopefully geta KM proc ready for your OB. If you do not have the Blood Runes or Frost Fever is going to drop off soon, go ahead and use the HB proc to: 1) Get Frost Fever back to its max duration and 2) the auto-attacks in between your HB and next strike will give you another chance at a KM proc ready for the next OB. If you do either and you don't get a KM proc just carry on as normal. If you find yourself with no runes and no runic power, go ahead and blood tap if it's off CD and use the rune for the best strike available to you. If BT is on CD then go ahead and use HoW, it's free runic power and will get you a frost strike sooner, which although isnt your highest damaging skill, it is still damage none the less.
Consumables: Make sure your flask is always active. that should be common knowledge to you. The same applies to your food buff. Now I don't care what anyone says but im abig believer in pre-potting. Doing this will let you have a bit more damage output at the start and have another pot ready to use when Bloodlust/Heroism later on in the fight.
Cooldowns: Pillar of Frost is nothing short of absolute power. You wan tto use PoF as soon as it comes off CD, it will give you max up-time on it throughout a fight and help you pump your damage up alot more. As for your ghoul, although you cant control it, it can still do some damage. So when you have all your damage increase procs up, hit your summon ghoul and hewill have a nice buff and do some damage for you.

Trying not to brag here but if I can do 29k Dps on a boss fight without caring about Dps at all, you can too. Just be confident in yourself and remain calm. If you loose your head at any time, Frost can become your worst enemy.
Hope this helps you in some way, shape,or form.
Saltie

Post 25 Apr 2011 12:42

i just saw this post been a while since i was online but tnx it helped me alot

Post 17 Jun 2011 13:25

Hey, i´ve been reading these notes about dpsing, i used to be pleased with my dps in raids etc, but now it feels like i should be able to do much more with the gear i have (almost full 359) and would u mind looking at my gems / enchants and see if theres anything u would change, linking my spec: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... x/advanced

Post 17 Jun 2011 13:32

Cyrox wrote:Hey, i´ve been reading these notes about dpsing, i used to be pleased with my dps in raids etc, but now it feels like i should be able to do much more with the gear i have (almost full 359) and would u mind looking at my gems / enchants and see if theres anything u would change, linking my spec: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... x/advanced

hmm i just realised that i was in my tank spec / gear during that link, gonna link a new one when im in my real dps spec / gear
here it is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... x/advanced

Post 19 Jul 2011 06:43

User avatarTummuminem

There is a website called: http://www.askmrrobot.com. It will better help you to pull more dps by optimizing your enchants, reforging and gems on all your gear. Hope this helped you.